 Announcements / BrickShelf™ / 107
Subject:
Scans are back!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.brickshelf
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 17:50:49 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Brickshelf L.L.C is pleased to announce that its LEGO(r)
instruction and catalog archive is now available online at
http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/ .  This archive contains
scans submitted by hundreds of LEGO fans that are organized, indexed
and presented by Brickshelf.  Its availability is made possible
with special permission and generous support from the LEGO Company.

FTP access and ZIP file downloads have been disabled for now to
encourage the online use of the archive and to help control
bandwidth usage.  DO NOT download the entire archvie (slurping),
as it is unnecessary and unfair to the other users.

The entire archive has been preserved (no material was deleted),
and we expect to add more as new submissions come in.  We will
continue our existing policy of not posting instructions for sets
in the current regular retail assortment.

New scans may be submitted via email to webmaster@brickshelf.com
(other options will be possible in the future).  All submissions
become property of Brickshelf L.L.C.

The original catalogs and building instructions are copyrighted
materials of the LEGO Group. Brickshelf is neither owned nor operated
by the LEGO Group.

Kevin Loch
Manager,
Brickshelf L.L.C.

Re: Scans are back!
In lugnet.announce.brickshelf, Kevin Loch writes:
[...]

Hmmm, "generous support from the LEGO Company"? :-)

Re: Scans are back!
In lugnet.announce.brickshelf, Kevin Loch writes:
Brickshelf L.L.C is pleased to announce that its LEGO(r)
instruction and catalog archive is now available online at
http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/ .  This archive contains
scans submitted by hundreds of LEGO fans that are organized, indexed
and presented by Brickshelf.  Its availability is made possible
with special permission and generous support from the LEGO Company.

Kevin Loch
Manager,
Brickshelf L.L.C.

This is great news. On behalf of myself, my two sons, and, I'm sure,
numerous users, I thank Kevin for having managed to keep the instruction and
catalog archive alive.

Michel Harnois
Montreal, Canada

Re: Scans are back!
In lugnet.announce.brickshelf, Kevin Loch writes:
Brickshelf L.L.C is pleased to announce that its LEGO(r)
instruction and catalog archive is now available online at
http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/ .

Goodie!

I'm glad you are back in business! :-P

Pedro

Re: Scans are back!
In lugnet.announce.brickshelf, Kevin Loch writes:
Brickshelf L.L.C is pleased to announce that its LEGO(r)
instruction and catalog archive is now available online at
http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/ .  This archive contains
scans submitted by hundreds of LEGO fans that are organized, indexed
and presented by Brickshelf.  Its availability is made possible
with special permission and generous support from the LEGO Company.

Woo hoo! Alright! Thank you!
*sorry for that rant there*
It's exceptionally great to see those scans back on
brickshelf once again. I applaud Lego's generous support
for bringing those instructions back, and I'd like to let you
know that I'm quite pleased to see everything (mostly) nack on track
for brickshelf.

Respectively,

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Lugnet member No. 1112

Re: Scans are back!
In lugnet.announce.brickshelf, Kevin Loch writes:
Brickshelf L.L.C is pleased to announce that its LEGO(r)
instruction and catalog archive is now available online at
http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/ .

Thank you, thank you, and finally, thank you!  It is nice to see something
like this work out!

Mike

Re: Scans are back!