 Publishing / 3314
Re: Scans are back!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 16:49:09 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Richard Marchetti writes:
In lugnet.announce.brickshelf, Kevin Loch writes:
...ZIP file downloads have been disabled for now to encourage the online use
of the archive and to help control bandwidth usage.

Ouch!  The zipfiles were THE manner in which I would view instruction
manuals.  If the zipfiles were too much hassle bandwidth-wise, how about
making cd-roms  of the library available for sale to fund the library?  If I
could get the extant collection on cd-rom up through the year 1999 or 2000,
I'd never have to use ANY bandwidth again.  Anyway, I hope the "for now"
part means that the zipfile issue will go away soon...

-- Hop-Frog

I'm with you on that one.  If I can't download in one lump to print it out
or store for archival use, then its of no real value to me.  I am not going
to memorize a couple of steps, then run to the Lego room and build, come
back and do the process all over again because I have to look at it on the
internet. On larger models, a person like me with low bandwidth could spend
hours trying to download invidual page scans.  I think that would take up
even more bandwidth.

-Rob "Bring the zipfiles back) Hendrix