 Publishing / 3299
Re: Scans are back!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Sat, 16 Mar 2002 10:52:18 GMT

Hello Larry, hello everybody,

Personally, I think Kevin did the right thing. And he gets extra points
from doing it on his own.

I agree, and further, the people here jiggling his elbow (including,
regrettably, me) while he was engaged in what had to be delicate
negotiations probably weren't helping matters with their thoughts, analysis
and suggestions although surely they were TRYING to be helpful.

I do understand by now what was going on in the last few weeks, and why.

However, there hasn't been much response to my second point, which was about
Brickshelf L.L.C. claiming all rights with uploaded scans:

All submissions become property of Brickshelf L.L.C.

In my opinion, this is by far too simplistic and extensive.
Does it mean I will not have the right to use the scans I created and
submitted to brickshelf in other ways, as I see fit (of course limited by
the LEGO Group's copyright)?
Does that mean Brickshelf L.L.C. will have the right to use my scans
commercially (of course, again, limited by what the LEGO Group permits
them)?

Maybe I'm wrong there as well, but I haven't heard the arguments yet ...

Greetings

Horst