 Publishing / 3277
Re: Scans are back!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 13:06:15 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Dan Boger writes:
In lugnet.publish, Horst Lehner wrote:
I certainly appreciate the enormous amount of work that you and others
put into brickshelf over the years, and the value this has created for
the LEGO community. This is why I found it very disturbing to see the
LEGO(r) instruction and catalog archive go offline a few weeks ago. I
certainly didn't understand the reason for it, because the press
release didn't say that the LEGO Group has intervened in any way.
Also, it was no entirely clear from it, what the reasons for
transforming brickshelf into a company were, and why this made it
necessary to take the archive off the net. Maybe that has been
discussed here but then, I am just subscribing to this group as I
write this ...

Personally, I think Kevin did the right thing. And he gets extra points
from doing it on his own.

I agree, and further, the people here jiggling his elbow (including,
regrettably, me) while he was engaged in what had to be delicate
negotiations probably weren't helping matters with their thoughts, analysis
and suggestions although surely they were TRYING to be helpful.

++Lar