 Organizations / Canada / ParLUGment / 724
Re: New Moc - Lego Fair (and apparently 5 cents was overpriced)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.parlugment
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 2004 20:54:03 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, C. L. GunningCook wrote:

The trials and tribulations of my latest adventure with one of my MOCs.

..... if you would rather skip the rambling...... the pics can be found here

This past weekend I had the pleasure of participating in my first train show. At one end of the display it was decided to have a kids area where they could build. There was to be a small loop to run a train. I requested the middle section of that track for a condensed version of a theme park, because I thought that the kids would really get a kick out of seeing the rides.

condensed? you mean MICRO? (hehe, sorry..I just had to say that...).

I see you managed to get about four train shows worth of stories in your first show--see, you were overdue! I think that means the next three might be uneventful...

All kidding aside, looks incredible--I say keep building, don’t go back to sticking with houses....after all, wasn’t it Edison who said genius is 1% inspiration, and 99% perspiration? It’s Lego...it falls apart...see, yours took 8 hours of vibration.. I wonder how long a MB one of those would have taken...I guess 30 seconds...

Just think, Janey, you’re not alone...remember what James Trobaugh’s buildings looked like after a 12 hour ride to Brickfest? (For those of you that didn’t see it...well, JT had a few large clear containers that had bricks of the same colors of his buildings...seems they vibrated loose as well).

You’ll just have to build a better one that can withstand more vibration and impact for the next show! (that, and maybe take some really good digital pics so you know how it went together the first time...)

Scott Lyttle