 Organizations / Canada / ParLUGment / 712
Re: New Moc - Lego Fair (and apparently 5 cents was overpriced)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.parlugment
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 2004 17:08:23 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, Cynthia Bradham wrote:
   In lugnet.announce.moc, C. L. GunningCook wrote:

The trials and tribulations of my latest adventure with one of my MOCs.

..... if you would rather skip the rambling...... the pics can be found here

Hi Janey-

the theme park looks just awesome, I love it! Great use of the pods for the cars in the ride (a tilt a whirl?). You have a great imagination and an enviable eye for detail. I am impressed with motorizing the whole thing too. Don’t give up on the elaborate moving models! The next ones probably won’t self destruct ;)

Cyndi

Hi Cyndi,

Thank you. The pod ride is supposed to be spinning tea cups, I would guess it is somewhat inspired by the Mad Hatters ride at Disney. When I first saw the pods, my first thought was, “theme park” so I just had to run with it. The tilt-a-whirl is actually around the back behind the bumper cars, using those “one piece panel train thingys” (yes, I think that is the technical term for them.)

I am planning a new and improved theme park, this time with a modular design so transporting isn’t so... umm entertaining, but after those disasters I doubt my figs will ever get on any ride I build, and truly, can you blame them?

Janey “Red Brick”