 Off-Topic / Debate / 6741
Re: When is a website "independent" and when is it "part of"?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 15:19:43 GMT

I could use about 80% of this to describe you Larry.

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Dan Boger writes:
<snip>

After Scott's last message to me, I'm going to try to take my own advice and
ignore him. He's just picking a fight with you and I advise you to do the same
and ignore him in this thread as well...

You're not going to actually get anywhere arguing with him, no one ever does.

Know that you can't have the last word, know that you can't win, know that you
can't get Scott to admit he's wrong, know that no amount of citing from
authority, rational argument, or even quoting what Scott previously said is
going to get you anywhere. He hardly ever directly answers your questions to
him, so why answer his?

Once in a while he picks at something that actually needs fixing(1), so I
guess it's worth having a Doubting Thomas around, but for the main part, just
let this drop. After all, it was a throwaway comment that started it, and one
that by rights he ought to have actually applauded, since it was critical of
US policy, instead of picking on.

Look at the bright side, he's not MM, anyway. He's relatively polite in his
obstinacy. Just let it be. I'm sure going to try.

++Lar

1 - most recently, the feedback form not being properly disclaimed, which was
a good catch, if relatively unimportant in the larger scheme of things.

There is no need to mother Dan, let him make up his own mind. After all, I
think he has a real opinion on this, which is backed with understanding. I'm
almost enjoying talking to him about it, it is an educational experience. But
then, so is most of life.

Scott A

BTW LP - Your still mis-quoting me. You are still avoiding my points. You are
still sqirming.