 Off-Topic / Debate / 6718
Re: When is a website "independent" and when is it "part of"?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 08:28:16 GMT

Scott A wrote in message ...

"Joakim Olsson" <jocke@arjay.nu> wrote in message
Yes, especially in Northern Ireland... Wouldn´t it be greate to give that
piece of the country back to the people who own it?

I have views on NI. They will remain my own for now. But the point you make
is misleading. It is an accepted fact that the majority of those in NI want
to be part of the UK - I'm not saying that they have reasons for it, but
that is just the way it is.

Well, you are probably right. I do not have all of the facts. Do you have
all the facts regarding middle-east?
Have they been able to vote about theese issues lately in NI?
I know(read it in history books) in the past, that they grouped people
together in regions, and the counted regions in majority wanted to stay.
That is how it can be done to make it look like an majority, when it really
isn't. I found this information in history books when I went in highschool,
so I assume that the facts are not completely wrong...

And for the situation in Middle-East:
IMHO I think that Mr Clinton is trying to end up in the history books for
bringing peace to the middle-east, rather than showing the world other ways
of using a cigar...[1] It would be better if he paid the US bills to the UN,
and signed the UN declaration that protects the children...
I don't think he really cares about the people living there. And
unfortunately, that is probably true for most politicians.[2]

And to not offend the people living in the US, I want to add that some of
the finest people I've met are americans. And I really hope I will get over
my big fear of entering an airplane in the future to pay them a visit. After
this post, maybe my biggest fear is not the airplane itself, LOL.

I really do not like politicians, generally speaking, no matter where they
live.

[1] I could not help myself, forgive me...
[2] This goes to ALL politicians, it is not US-related.

/Joakim