 Off-Topic / Debate / 6715
Re: When is a website "independent" and when is it "part of"?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 06:43:21 GMT

I read what in the UK is called a "seriouse" newspaper. I also listen to • the
good old BBC, which is, overall, pretty fair. Neither say what you claim.
Perhaps this is part on the international media conspriscy you hinted at?

Not conspiracy, no. A slightly contorted view, yes.

OK. Which part of this were contorted then:

Have the Israelis used disproportionate force?

The video footage of 12-year-old Muhammed al-Durrah cowering beside his
father before being shot by an Israeli soldier prompted much international
criticism of Israel's methods of containing the violence.

These methods include firing live ammunition and rubber bullets, and the use
of helicopter gunships and anti-tank missiles.

Following the brutal killing of two Israeli soldiers by lynch mobs, Israel
responded with a huge missile attack on buildings in the Gaza and West Bank.

But the shooting has not been one-sided. Armed fighters of Mr Arafat's Fatah
movement have joined Palestinians throwing stones.

The above is from:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/middle_east/newsid_965000/965726.stm

If it is so contorted, why would your conutry not accept a full independant
review of events?

Scott A