 Off-Topic / Debate / 6710
Re: When is a website "independent" and when is it "part of"?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 03:01:05 GMT

Take what is happening in the middle-east right now. If the US were to
withdraw some of its dogmatic support for Israel - it would have ended
days/weeks/years ago.

With the total destruction of Israel, right? I mean, isn't that what the hard
line states (and Yassir) want? For Israel to be gone, wiped off and the
territory replaced with a new state (not a Palestinian state, mind you...
that's Jordan).

I'm not sure that is true.

why not?  Jordan's population is 90% palestinian.  The only thing stopping it
from being a palestinian state is that the palestinians are not the ones
running that country.  So why is it not true?

Dan