 Off-Topic / Debate / 6686
Re: When is a website "independent" and when is it "part of"?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 2000 08:01:01 GMT

it's not the US role to be the world's
policeman, but I digress).

I'd say the UN is/should be the world's policeman. What the US (and others)
do independent of the UN is political mumbo jumbo all based on selfish gain.
Take what is happening in the middle-east right now. If the US were to
withdraw some of its dogmatic support for Israel - it would have ended
days/weeks/years ago. Or why does the US not go one step further and
"POLICE" that one? Perhaps the thought of watching kids getting shot to bits
with US made/designed guns is too appealing?

If you meant that the US is the world's bully, I may well agree.

Scott A

Please note, I way well be interchanging US/NATO here, as US seldom works
alone on these things. The UK, for one, normally gives support.