 Off-Topic / Debate / 28695
Re: Fishing for traffic?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 23 Sep 2011 13:45:54 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.models, Tore Eriksson wrote:
Do I hear the sound of breaking glass or what?

If no one is there to hear the glass brake, does it make a sound? ;)

Yeah I know that was a H U G E stone in the glass house, as we say. :D But I
tried to do it the nice way and hand over the curatorship to somebody for years
without success. I admit its done in a very childish way, but I thought any
Swedish AFOLS needed to see that the scene is very far from dead even if /loc/se
is. Swebrick.se has had 29 members online today, that's really impressive
compared to the "glory" days of /loc/se.

I can't believe you just assume the worst.

I assumed nothing, I have nothing to do with EB (I am a member but I rarely
visit anymore). But like I said; I understand the reaction from Superkalle. The
post was not very clear and Superkalle probably see lot's of irrelevant posts
that need to go and I can guess that he don't have the time to investigate every
one in detail (EB has a very strict policy for posts, Internet ain't the same
anymore. There are still places where anything legal goes but they are few and
far between.).

Your reaction seems a bit strong however, but it's
understandable when your pet is shoot down.

But don't you ever try to destroy Datsville too!

I'm not destroying anything (to my knowledge), I just meant that I can somewhat
see your reaction is strong when Datsville indirectly got a blow at EB.

The locking of that thread was much more a diss of the Datsville project and our
motives than a EB vs LUGNET thing.

I bet your reading too much into this. Also I had no idea there was an EB vs
LUGNET thing (apart from your blatant "Down with Eurobricks!"). IIRC EB existed
before LUGNET shattered? Shame it did, I liked the fact that the whole
LEGO-community was gathered in one place (except 1000 Steine and BZ Power). Now
it's all over the place...