 CAD / LDraw Files / Models / 2283
2282  |  2284
Subject:
Understanding the Datsville Coordinates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models
Date:
Sun, 23 May 2010 21:34:35 GMT

After almost 11 years of dealing with Datsville, I still find the coordinate
system confusing. This picture may help to understand a little.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/simlego/4632796641/in/set-72157623509491211/
The yellow line is the z axis at x=0. The white represents the x axis at z=0.
The further upper left, the lower the x value. Pink line is x axis at z=1280, ie
two baseplates away. The harderst part to me to get into my head is that the x
value decreases while getting further away at the top left, while z increases
while getting further away at the top right.