 CAD / LDraw Files / Models / 2184
  Datsville submission

To whomever is currently maintaining Datsville... I would like to submit the two buildings featured on the following page for inclusion in Datsville. (URL) (18 years ago, 23-Oct-06, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: Datsville submission

(...) I am not currently updating my unofficial version of Datsville, but at least I have added your two nice models to the "Pending" folder. Especially, I like the Yellow Catle model. I think it would be a nice addition to Datsville - whenever I (...) (18 years ago, 31-Oct-06, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Datsville Rev018

A new revision of my unofficial Datsville is at: (URL) newly added history.txt reads: " rev018 - 2006-10-31 " Yet another Datsville restart. " Added history.txt (=this file) and MovedTo.bat " Ran MovedTo.bat - 2082 references to moved files found in (...) (18 years ago, 31-Oct-06, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Datsville Rev019

In lugnet.cad.dat.models, Tore Eriksson wrote: A new revision of my unofficial Datsville is at: (URL) new history.txt reads: " rev019 - 2009-11-22 " Yet another Datsville restart. " Ran MovedTo.bat - 95 references to moved files found in 36 file(s) (...) (14 years ago, 22-Nov-09, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Datsville: To Box Or Not To Box

A new revision (rev020) of my unofficial Datsville is at: (URL) box or not to box... I'm inclined to replace all parts where both studs and bottom tubes are completely hidden with box replacement files. That's in order to save processor power. (...) (14 years ago, 23-Nov-09, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Datsville Rev023 - Major Update

A new revision of my unofficial Datsville is at: (URL) includes a zip file with all boxed parts needed for Datasville Rev023 *** If you like to share camera and look_at data, reply here or mail me *** *** (By doing so, you agree on that they will be (...) (14 years ago, 30-Nov-09, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Datsville Rev024 - Minor Update

A new revision of my unofficial Datsville is at: (URL) includes a zip file with all boxed parts needed for Datsville Rev024 Added glass panes to some windows Minor typo corrections Added unofficial parts to zip file (again...) *** If you like to (...) (14 years ago, 22-Dec-09, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: Datsville Rev028 - Datsville expanding again!

Yes, it's growing again! I have added the Datsville Memorial by Manfred Moolhuysen. (Sorry, you just had to wait 11 years...!) The new revision of my unofficial Datsville is at: (URL) Filled a large number of gaps in the ground - still plenty more (...) (14 years ago, 24-Feb-10, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Datsville Memorial, and Please Submit More Plants!

(...) Here's a picture of the Memorial (the red blob to the left of the Church) Had to move three trees to make room for it. (URL) of trees - I think we need more different trees and other plants. We need more variation. Please submit your plants (...) (14 years ago, 26-Feb-10, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: Datsville Memorial, and Please Submit More Plants!

(...) Hehe, just discovered a funny typo I made: Datsville has now become a "Point Project" I wonder what I meant by that... :) Is there a way to edit that subject line in Brickshelf? /Tore (14 years ago, 26-Feb-10, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: Datsville Memorial, and Please Submit More Plants!

(...) Yes, just hit edit if you are logged in and the page (URL) is displayed. Then you can edit that description - not the folder itself. cu mikeheide (14 years ago, 26-Feb-10, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: Datsville Memorial, and Please Submit More Plants!

(...) Thanks Mike! That did the trick. /Tore (14 years ago, 26-Feb-10, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Datsville Rev029 - Added Belvedere and more

The new revision of my unofficial Datsville is at: (URL) - 2010-02-27 Added Memorial to Diet version too Town1-1.ldr: Adjusted Bjphous1.ldr and Ljphills (10LDU offset) Town1-1.ldr: Added some grass around Bjphous1.ldr Town1-1.ldr: Added Ommbelvd.ldr (...) (14 years ago, 27-Feb-10, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Datsville Rev030 - Added Tim's DB425 Train and more

In lugnet.cad.dat.models, Tore Eriksson wrote: The new revision of my unofficial Datsville is available at: (URL) even more of an "in progress" version than usual since big changes at several places are in progress. rev030 - 2010-03-18 Town-20.ldr: (...) (14 years ago, 18-Mar-10, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: Datsville Rev030 - Added Tim's DB425 Train and more

(...) And here's a rendering with Tim's Train entering the station (URL) (14 years ago, 18-Mar-10, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Datsville Rev032 - Added Fredrik Glöckner's Mosque

The new revision of my unofficial Datsville is available at: (URL) a pic of the newly added Mosque: (URL) - 2010-05-22 Created InProgress folder for unfinished stuff Decided to put aside work on new shopping center (Moved to InProgress folder) (...) (14 years ago, 22-May-10, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Understanding the Datsville Coordinates

After almost 11 years of dealing with Datsville, I still find the coordinate system confusing. This picture may help to understand a little. (URL) yellow line is the z axis at x=0. The white represents the x axis at z=0. The further upper left, the (...) (14 years ago, 23-May-10, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: Understanding the Datsville Coordinates

(...) Thats normal behavior in each coordinate system. My problem is more the y axis in LDraw that it decreases if it is higher! But thanks for that information. I am sure it will help in some cases. cu mikeheide (14 years ago, 24-May-10, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: Understanding the Datsville Coordinates

(...) Thanks for the response. I know you're right; it's normal behaviour for coordinate systems. But I guess I'm not normal. :) For some reason, I have no problems with the y axis, despite it goes the wrong way. Probably because you always know (...) (14 years ago, 24-May-10, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Datsville Rev034 - Medium Size Update

The new revision of my unofficial Datsville is available at: (URL) a pic of the newly added Mining Facility and L3GO Amateur Radio Club (URL) also shows the new location of Datsville Police Building, moved from Town02.ldr to Town0-2.ldr, and some (...) (14 years ago, 21-Jun-10, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Datsville Rev037 - Minor Update

The new revision of my unofficial Datsville is available at: (URL) exciting news. Just some clean-up work and removing light sources from the include file hills-pov, to prevent light flood. /Tore (13 years ago, 25-Dec-10, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: Understanding the Datsville Coordinates

(...) What about mapping Datsville in four zones? Each zone matching a quadrant in the (x,z) coordinate system. Within the zones it will be possible to use positive coordinates. It could for example be like this: + Zone A (x>0,z>0) + Zone B (...) (13 years ago, 22-Jul-11, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Datsville Rev039 - Micro Update

The new revision of my unofficial Datsville is at: (URL) Fixed minor problems with minifig arms and a misplaced BFC statement * Updated MovedTo parts with parts from LDraw.org 2011-01 Parts Update /Tore (13 years ago, 16-Aug-11, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: Datsville Rev039 - Micro Update

(...) I have some time on hand that I plan to spend on Datsville. Mainly some organizational things and a few tweaks. I will use your revision as a basis. I think it would be cool to solicit submissions from users of LDD as well as LDraw, for (...) (13 years ago, 8-Sep-11, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: Datsville Rev039 - Micro Update

(...) That's really great news, Mike! I like all your ideas and I give you quite free hands. And if there isn't anything I absolutely can't accept, I'll include your changes in "my" future unofficial versions of Datsville. How about a shared Dropbox (...) (13 years ago, 9-Sep-11, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: Datsville Rev039 - Micro Update

(...) Here is an image of the changes: (URL) are the changed files: (URL) reorganized all the models so that they are labeled consecutively, and appear in consecutively numbered blocks (block_001, block_002, etc.). The city streets and traffic now (...) (13 years ago, 12-Sep-11, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: Datsville submission

I posted a request for more buildings at Eurobricks. See: (URL) (13 years ago, 12-Sep-11, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: Datsville submission

(...) Ah, what a complete turn-off. Some autocratic Ayatollah (who happens to be from Sweden, I am so ashmed to be a Swede right now!) wrote: "Before you do a request like this it is concidered good practice to contact a moderator" WHAT???? Who do (...) (13 years ago, 13-Sep-11, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: Datsville Rev039 - Micro Update

(...) Some possible additions to Datsville: A house with an apartment and a shop: (URL) bicycle track and a bike shed: (URL) bus stop: (URL) boat house (for placing down by the river side): (URL) rowing boat (to place outside the boat houst): (URL) (...) (13 years ago, 14-Sep-11, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: Datsville submission

(...) Hi Tore, LTNS! I can understand Superkalles reaction. Dilvish (who started the thread) is new to Eurobricks and is fishing for traffic _from_ EB. It's almost never considered good practice anywhere. Your reaction seems a bit strong however, (...) (13 years ago, 14-Sep-11, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Datsville Unoff_v1_0_0

(...) Hmm, I'm aware that I said I'll give you quite free hands, but well... First, the order of those blocks are a little strange to me: 20,19,18 14,15,16,17 13,4,3,1,2 12,5,6,7,8 9,10,11 (and building #45 does not even belong to any block?) I (...) (13 years ago, 14-Sep-11, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Fishing for traffic?

(...) I tell you, you are jumping into conclusiones. "Fishing for traffic from EB" - LOL! C'mon seriously, is that what you really believe? You must mean something like: "SweLUG is dead. Long live SweBrick.se! SweLUG is dead. Long live SweBrick.se! (...) (13 years ago, 16-Sep-11, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Datsville Unoff_v1_0_0

(...) That's because there is no order other than first come, first serve. Nor is a fixed order possible unless you design the town using some algorithm. This is like a typical database. (...) Yes, it does belong to a block, #21. (...) The old (...) (13 years ago, 17-Sep-11, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: Datsville Rev039 - Micro Update

I have started uploading everything to the Google Code account. I don't have a SVN system set up at the moment since my main computer is not connected to the Internet. (URL) a newer town map: (URL) some screenshots in LDView: (URL) that in the last (...) (13 years ago, 18-Sep-11, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: Datsville Rev039 - Micro Update

(...) Thanks! I noticed that one, but was worried I missed something else as well. (...) I will take a look at these. Mike (13 years ago, 18-Sep-11, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: Datsville Rev039 - Micro Update

(...) version of Datsville to the layout changes, though they are undocumented as far as I can tell. So far, I'm not ready to merge our versions into one project, but I hope this can be done in a not distant future. The only change of layout I (...) (13 years ago, 18-Sep-11, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: Datsville Rev039 - Micro Update

(...) I don't think those trees growing on the railroad track at Block_020 is a very good idea.... :) /Tore (13 years ago, 18-Sep-11, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: Datsville Rev039 - Micro Update

(...) Are you sure? It just seems so awkward at that location. (...) I think we can safely scrap the old POVray stuff. Though my version is not necessarily an improvement. Mike (13 years ago, 22-Sep-11, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: Datsville Rev039 - Micro Update

I like the two story house model. But, could I make a slight adjustment? For instance, I don't think it is deep enough. Mike (13 years ago, 22-Sep-11, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Google Code branch

I've uploaded a second revision. It includes several new buildings as well as some bug fixes. Mike (13 years ago, 22-Sep-11, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: Fishing for traffic?

(...) If no one is there to hear the glass brake, does it make a sound? ;) Yeah I know that was a H U G E stone in the glass house, as we say. :D But I tried to do it the nice way and hand over the curatorship to somebody for years without success. (...) (13 years ago, 23-Sep-11, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Datsville Rev039 - Micro Update

(...) Really? Yes, I want to scrap them too, but not until we have some better replacement. /Tore (13 years ago, 24-Sep-11, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: Google Code branch

(...) Excellent! I'm still not ready to merge our versions, so I made my own Rev041 (still not published; too much cleaning to be done first...) First attempt crashed my PC after 13 seconds of parsing, second attempt with all unnecessary processes (...) (13 years ago, 24-Sep-11, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: Google Code branch

A third revision is up. The main highlight is that there is now stuff to visit across the river, as well as two bridges connecting to there! Also, I added short text descriptions to the file names so you can tell the models apart. (13 years ago, 25-Sep-11, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: Google Code branch

(...) Could be a good thing to supply the link: (URL) I dig into this revision, I only wish to add a few spontaneous comments. Six railway crossings in such a short distance is a few too much. Two bridges is enough. I'd say no more bridges. Beyond (...) (13 years ago, 25-Sep-11, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Google Code branch - vehicle_046_whitecamper.ldr

I think we have a problem here. I mailed Brickbuilder to ask permission to use the White Camper Caravan in Datsville and meanwhile put it in the Pending folder. He never replied, so I guess we have to take that for a 'No'. /Tore (13 years ago, 25-Sep-11, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: Google Code branch

(...) Noted. (...) None presently until people start submitting more buildings. Mike (13 years ago, 27-Sep-11, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: Google Code branch - vehicle_046_whitecamper.ldr

(...) Too bad. It's a nice model. Mike (13 years ago, 27-Sep-11, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: Google Code branch

I've uploaded a seventh revision. (URL) decided that some of the buildings I made were simply to large, so I made smaller versions. There's also a new tree model and a radio tower (which needs to get moved to somewhere better). I'm no longer able to (...) (12 years ago, 9-Jan-12, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: Google Code branch

I also think it would be nice to use the SNOT roads found here: (URL) I don't think the distribution license is compatible. (12 years ago, 9-Jan-12, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Datsville needs trees!

Datsville needs some more trees. It has some already but they are very basic. A greater variety would be good. Anyone want to model some? (12 years ago, 9-Jan-12, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: Datsville needs trees!

(...) I really second that request. Steve Bliss's tree is truly brilliant, but now there are too many of them exactly alike. /Tore (12 years ago, 9-Jan-12, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: Google Code branch

(...) I've been experimenting with Mike Gallagher's SNOT roads and sent him in email asking if he would be willing to license them under the Creative Commons or Public Domain. Here is how things look right now. (URL) definitely think it's an (...) (12 years ago, 15-Jan-12, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: Google Code branch

(...) But it is also a challenge to the "home owners". Now I feel I have to think about how to integrate my houses better with the new streets; adding paths, driveways with ramps, and other details. Play well, Jacob (12 years ago, 16-Jan-12, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: Google Code branch

(...) The same author also created a series of examples of driveways and ramps, though I haven't used any yet. (URL) H (12 years ago, 20-Jan-12, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: Google Code branch

I received a reply from Mike G. and he said that we could use his models, and that he would update all his models with a compatible software license. You can see in the image below that SNOT roads create a lot more options when it comes to designing (...) (12 years ago, 20-Jan-12, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)