 CAD / LDraw Files / Models / 2308
2307  |  2309
Subject:
Fishing for traffic?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 16 Sep 2011 00:45:47 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.models, Tobbe Arnesson wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dat.models, Tore Eriksson wrote:
Ah, what a complete turn-off.

Hi Tore, LTNS!

I can understand Superkalles reaction. Dilvish (who started the thread) is new
to Eurobricks and is fishing for traffic _from_ EB. It's almost never considered
good practice anywhere.

I tell you, you are jumping into conclusiones. "Fishing for traffic from EB" -
LOL! C'mon seriously, is that what you really believe? You must mean something
like:
"SweLUG is dead. Long live SweBrick.se!
SweLUG is dead. Long live SweBrick.se!
SweLUG is dead. Long live SweBrick.se!
SweLUG is dead. Long live SweBrick.se!
SweLUG is dead. Long live SweBrick.se!
SweLUG is dead. Long live SweBrick.se!
SweLUG is dead. Long live SweBrick.se!
SweLUG is dead. Long live SweBrick.se!
SweLUG is dead. Long live SweBrick.se!
SweLUG is dead. Long live SweBrick.se!

The content below reamians for historical reasons, but everything new takes
place at SweBrick, read above. ;)" - http://news.lugnet.com/loc/se

(This was actually written there before SweLUG was completely dead...)
Do I hear the sound of breaking glass or what?

Superkalle mailed me an apology and explained about this fishing for traffic,
some even for their commercial sites. So I can somehow understand the problem.
But another problem is to draw that line between heads-ups on one's projects and
trying to steal members. In a sence, fishing for traffic is about all I've been
doing here at LUGNET. To BrickLink, BrickShelf, swipnet, Telia.com, Facebook,
DropBox, Flickr, SkyDrive... - almost every time I've wanted to share something
LEGO/LDraw realated. I find it quite inevitable, even without any sinister
motives.

I don't know why I keep doing this, working on this totally insane Datsville
project. But it's in its 13th years now and I can't let go of it. But I have to
admit that I've run out of steam, and out of creativity. That's why I was so
overjoyed from reading that Dilvish is taking the baton and that he already has
spent countless of hours on it.

Dilvish is fishing for LCad models to Datsville, and he asks for them in EB. He
makes no secret of his motives, and he has no hidden agenda to fish for traffic
or whatsoever. Why would he? What would he gain from that? I can't believe you
just assume the worst.

And btw, he made me visit EB thanks to this post:
http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dat/models/?n=2303

Your reaction seems a bit strong however, but it's
understandable when your pet is shoot down.

I understand that LUGNET is dead it's just a matter of time before it closes
down, and I can but accept it. But don't you ever try to destroy Datsville too!
The locking of that thread was much more a diss of the Datsville project and our
motives than a EB vs LUGNET thing.

The thread at EB is opened again now that the misunderstandings are cleared.

I saw that. Thanks.

With best regards,
/Tobbe

Likewise,