 Off-Topic / Debate / 28696
28695  |  28697
Subject:
The WORLD Ended!!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2012 16:46:07 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Well, no it didn't.

John and I were in the same room--even shook hands (there was other stuff, too,
but what happened at BF2012 stays at BF2012...)

Fantastic to finally meet the guy I've been winning arguements with for oh these
so many years :)

So here's a story...

I'm walking down the hallway when I hear a ruckus coming from the small tuck shp
at the hotel.  I meander over and there's john (with some 'merican buddies ;p )
deep into a 'discussion' with the poor girl behind the counter.  Seems that John
wanted to buy some 'legal to buy in Canada but not so much in the US' specific
items that will remain nameless (*cough* cuban cigars *cough*--(well, maybe, I
actually didn't see what he was buying :) ))

So I walk in and it's 'oh, Dave walks into another John talking about the letter
of the law' thing again. He hands me the sheet detailing the lawful provision
with regard to the display and purchas of smokes in Canada to see if I agree
with him or the cashier.

I actually agreed with John!  I know, right!?!

Time of my life. Seriously, the chances that I happened by right
then--priceless.  Loved it.  There were so many highlights this past weekend,
but htis one for the sheer serendipity of historical (well, at least to this NG)
proportions...

Thanks John.  Loved meeting you IRL (and IANAL! :) )

You take care.

Dave K