 LEGO Company / 1904
Re: Bulk Bricks online survey - results...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Wed, 26 May 2004 07:36:11 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Mike Walsh wrote:

Maybe it's just me but I find some of the results of the survey very odd.
In particular, I am surprised that 1x1, 1x2, 1x4, and 2x4 bricks showed up
on the list.  These are the sort of parts that just aren't that hard to come
by in quantity between what LEGO offers in tubs, buckets, bulk packs or from
BrickLink.

Besides other parts, I voted heavily on 1x2 and 1x4 bricks. Let me explain.

I would love to have basic bulk bricks available in some of the newer colors,
especially dark blue, dark red, dark green, dark tan and dark orange.

Since I wouldn't expect TLC to release all kinds of shapes of each of those
colors, and since I could pick only 20 shapes in the survey alltogether, I
primarily picked 1x2 bricks, because they are most versatile for both small and
large structures.
Also I was hoping other voters wanting new colors would focus on those basic
shapes. If the demand for the new colors was spread over many shapes, it would
not stand out.

So in conclusion, the high score of 1x1, 1x2 and 1x4 parts may be attributed to
a demand for certain new colors, which are not available in regular tubs.

This is also to show that it will require some insightful thinking by TLC to
translate the survey results into a bulk assortment that will sell well in
reality. Our discussion here of the results should contribute to such insight.

Eric