 LEGO Company / 1891
Re: Bulk Bricks online survey - results...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Tue, 25 May 2004 22:50:40 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Richard Morton wrote:

"John Gerlach" <gmltc_j1@nospam.yahoo.com> wrote in message

We had a total of 61497 part/color submissions from 839 unique users. This
means an average of 73 part/colors submitted per user.

What amazes me is that only 839 users participated. I expected a lot more,
something like 5000 or so. But then again, I cannot relate the 839 to anything,
I dont have a clue as to how it represents the AFOL community. (How big is the
AFOL community?) And as such, I cannot 'trust' the list.

The parts that I see, for instance the 1x1 and 1x2 bricks can be found in almost
any bucket. And lots of them too.
White and black 2x2 tiles can be bought at this very moment from S&H. So these
are not very 'sparse?'.

This is not meant as negative criticism towards you (John & Jake) :)

Question: Assuming that people enter the most wanted piece first, could you make
another top 20 list using that info? Or am I the only one that did that?

Grtz,

Marck