 Castle / 9022
Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 20 May 2001 18:53:51 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Nick Cameron writes:
-We see old technic and town sets clearly in modern boxes (e.g. labeled city
center)
-We see two pirate sets in all new packaging

I didn't notice this thread (or the thread that inspired it) until just this
morning.  I would be glad to have regular access to the two pirate sets in
question because it means I will likely purchase several more of each (I
think I already have two of each).

But why aren't we going crazy?  Well...
Why isn't this being sold on the German Lego site?
Why did they choose two sets from the decline of pirate rather than the
height of the theme line?
Are these actually in production, or are they somehow sitting on a
significant enough of the elements that they were able to develop new
packaging and re-release these ONLY recently out of production sets?

If I knew what it all meant I could be a LOT more excited. If it meant that
Lego was going to be rereleasing older stuff in cycles every year, it would
mean the most to me.  My word of mouth advertising on how great Lego was
going to be in the next few years could be pretty extreme. But I just don't
know...

...those sets were NOT the ones to pick.  Where is the Skull Eye Schooner,
the Black Seas Barracuda, or even the Eldorado Fortress or the Imperial
Trading Post?  If they gave us those, or stuff as good -- O, people would be
going crazy alright!!!

As it is, it just seems like too little too late and what exactly does it
mean...?

-- Hop-Frog