 Administrative / Suggestions / 1522
Re: New homepage for LUGNET part 3
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2006 00:10:08 GMT

Hi David,

thank you very much for your comments and ideas!

   “Brickworld 2007(1 Dec 2006) BrickJournal” I mention this only because a lot of the center announcements are for events. This makes it look like brickworld occors 1 Dec 2006. I’d change this to “Brickworld 2007(posted 1 Dec 2006) BrickJournal”

I’ve made the date smaller in draft #6, IMO it should be enough, but I could be wrong.

   Love the top-level helpful links. I’d make sure that the explanations beneath the links are accessibile to a non-AFOL. The text above the link is easily mistaken for text below the link. This could be fixed by a small vertical separation between link-text pairs.

At the moment, this list is -um...- a “list” (actually HTML element “UL”/”LI”). I tried to seperate the LI elements, but it doesn’t work. “Margin” and “Padding” doesn’t have effects on particular “LI” elements and a top-border line is only as wide as the text entry. Any other ideas from people who have experiences with CSS?

   The lugnet logo isn’t a link. Since it isn’t a link I don’t think that the Lugnet logo requires a tooltip.

It isn’t a tooltip, but the alternative text for the picture. Showing this as tooltip is a bug of most browsers.

Thanks again for your comments!

-Rene

http://www.lugnet.com/index-test-6.php