 Administrative / Suggestions / 1483
Re: New homepage for LUGNET part 3
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 2006 17:21:00 GMT

Rene Hoffmeister wrote:

- Don't know if it is my FireFox, but the line spacing seems a bit
too wide - lot's of space wasted.

*deep sigh* :-)

:-) My eyes are not that good anymore, that's why I can't turn my screen up
to 1280x1024, but have to stay at 1152x864. This means that there's not so
much screen real estate left when all the window frames, logos etc. have had
their place. But, I just had a peek at your test-5 page, and seeing that
most of my suggestions are there, I can't say anything negative about it,
actually, I like it :-)

The old Lugnet pages uses a too small font for me, I have to increase one
step in the browser. With your new layout, I don't have to do that except
possibly for the left side bar - the bold blue on blue is very difficult for
my eyes, the black on yellow to the right is fine. I have very strong
glasses, refracting different colours different amounts (chromatic
abberration), and as blue is at one end of the spectrum and red at the
other, any color containing both blue and red gets very smudgy for me (I can
separate the red and blue pixels by just turning my head).

I could probably adjust my own browser preferences for links and visited
links to make it better (testing... yep - that works fine, thanks for not
locking the page to your preferred colours!).

Still think just a line between middle column items would be enough, but
it's your call.

Thanks for keeping lugnet alive, and listening to our moaning!

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
BlockCAD:  http://web.telia.com/~u16122508/proglego.htm