 Administrative / Suggestions / 1506
Re: New homepage for LUGNET part 3
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Sun, 17 Dec 2006 21:15:22 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Brendan Powell Smith wrote:
   There might be some implied favoritism toward the yellow L if we count this Todd & Suz created image for anything.

But I was more just wondering and not necessarily suggesting a change in logo orientation.

It’s a good question, Brendan. It’s been 8 years and I can’t recall exactly what the decision process was, but I do recall we felt that certain orientations looked upside down, while others looked right-side up. I think we looked at 12 different coloring/orientation permutations before choosing the final.

Somewhere on an old hard drive, I have about 20 Visio drawings tracing the evolution of the logo, back in August 1998. It didn’t actually start out as an “L”, but other (pre-block) logos in 1997 (which never saw the light of day) did have an “L” and an “N”.

I’m really happy to see this whole thread...and everyone working together to give feedback to Rene in a constructive way.

When a final rework is decided upon, Susanne and I will want to give our input on certain subtleties of the way the logo is rendered (particularly the coloring and the spacing), but I’m still very happy to see brainstorming and cooperation. :)

--Todd