 Administrative / Suggestions / 1479
Re: New homepage for LUGNET part 3
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 2006 11:37:46 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Anders Isaksson wrote:
- The black box around each news item is too distinct. I'd be happy with
just a single line between items.

I will try this one on the next draft, let's see how this catches on.

- The 'Read on...' links are confusing and takes a lot of space (sometimes).
What's the difference between: "Read the whole announcement.", "Read the
entire announcement.", "Read SCLTC's entire announcement.", "Read the
details.", "Read the official announcement.", "Read more about BrickJournal
5."?
  "Read more..." or just "More..." should be enough

WCAG. Please see my answer to Dave's post. I will change this nevertheless.

- The bold header for each item could be smaller and still stand out.

I will try one single step smaller, but not more. Than it's enough :-)

- I actually expected the bold header to take me to the articles, too.

Yes, I guess this would be neat, but not necessary? It would inflate the whole
HTML file too much. I'm proud that I made it smaller than the current one, in
spite of all the invisible mark-up that is necessary to match the WCAG.

- Today, most people use the word "Forum" instead of "Newsgroup" - might
make it easier for newbies to realize what's behind the links ("News" is
uninspiring info written by others, "Forum" is where I can talk myself :-)

Ja, we had this issue before and it could be easier for newbies to call it
"Forums". Though it would be a reorientation for existing users, especially
because they are in fact "Newsgroups" nevertheless.

- Don't know if it is my FireFox, but the line spacing seems a bit too
wide - lot's of space wasted.

*deep sigh* :-)

Thanks for your thoughts!

Leg Godt!¬