 Trains / 28147
Re: Has Babylon Fallen?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 23 Nov 2006 14:28:22 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi wrote:
   Chris Phillips wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Elroy Davis wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Chris Phillips wrote: ...
I think I have a project in the works that could help fill in some of that green space in the amusement park. I guess I should get off my butt and renew my membership...

You know, it was always fun talking with you at the events, but I have got to admit, I really miss those crossing gates that you have. Those things are AWESOME.

Thanks! They were ridiculously easy to make, really. Too bad those dual light elements are so hard to come by these days. But two factors make them difficult to deploy: 1 getting them onto the layout before there is too much other stuff on the table, and 2 finding enough LEGO wire to connect them all up. Seems like I would always still be tweaking them well after the doors to the show open. And even using IR and multiple RCXes, it’s not easy to keep up with the growing size of the layout.

I guess it wouldn’t be fun if it was too easy.