 Trains / 28141
Re: Has Babylon Fallen?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 2006 17:26:22 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Elroy Davis wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Chris Phillips wrote:
   At the risk of sounding critical, I do notice that some areas of the layout seem a bit sparse compared to past years. Is participation within the club also suffering? Do you have some stats on the size of the layout and the number of club members who participated?

Due to the amount of time for setup, Jonathan opted to leave some of his buildings home this time, so that made the city section smaller. To compensate for this, we opted to add in some green space in the carnival section. When we got to the show, we found that the carnival had more green space than anticipated, so we filled that in as best we could. I think we also had more space in the train yard than we expected. We discussed adding in some more yard structures for the Spring show.

I think Eric said the layout was about 13’ x 36’. We had around 8 or 9 members there most of the weekend, plus a couple who dropped by for setup and breakdown.

Sounds like a typical number of members on a much larger layout than I remember. Last time I was at a show, we had a 10’x20’ display. NELUG sure has come a long way since our first train show, that’s for certain!

I think I have a project in the works that could help fill in some of that green space in the amusement park. I guess I should get off my butt and renew my membership...