 Trains / 28144
Re: Has Babylon Fallen?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 23 Nov 2006 12:59:03 GMT

Chris Phillips wrote:
In lugnet.general, Chris Phillips wrote:
I also think the gorge looks better than it ever did when I was responsible
for filling it.  It looks like it is not as deep as it used to be, which is a
really good thing because it was nearly impossible to fill that thing in (14
bricks deep) in the old days.  Today, I would probably "cheat" and use Quatro
and Duplo underneath to build any hidden support structures for the terrain.

The new le Gorge is le river. It is a lot longer than le Gorge used to
be, and you are correct, it isn't as deep. Le River is Jonathan's baby.
  Elroy (white truss bridge), Jonathan (red stone arch bridge), and I
black I-beam) built the bridges that span the river, but Jonathan
created everything else. Except for the tables, Eric made those.
(http://www.nelug.org/mediagallery/media.php?f=0&sort=0&s=20061120132333347)
Le Bridge made its debut at Brick Blast, and I too think it is a very
nice feature.

Correction: "Le Gorge" used to be 29 bricks deep.  What a freaking nightmare
that used to be!

FUT: lugnet.trains

<lar hat>I also didn't conform to proper FUT protocol.  I should have included
.trains in the list of Newsgroups that I posted to as well as setting it for
FUT.</lar hat>

As an nntp user, I must say I hate "fut"ing, especially when things are
"fut"ed to a group that I don't subscribe too, but hey, I subscribe to
this one!

LUGNET is not quite like riding a bicycle.  If you don't stay in practice, you
tend to forget these things.

Chris (the OC)
--
http://mysite.verizon.net/cjmasi/lego/