 General / 53141
Re: Has Babylon Fallen?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 2006 16:17:11 GMT

In lugnet.general, Elroy Davis wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Chris Phillips wrote:
   They just had a train show this past weekend, but I haven’t seen anything posted here about it, either before or after the event.

Part of this, for me at least, was/is a lack of time. I meant to post a notice on Lugnet a week before the show, but I spent so much time getting ready for the show, that it slipped my mind. I also hope to write up a short bit about the show when I get some time. I spent the day after the show sorting out and posting my photos to the NELUG site, and yesterday working, so I haven’t had time to write anything up yet.

Thanks for this link. I actually browsed around nelug.org yesterday and somehow didn’t find these.

It looks like it was a great show! Definitely a lot of new stuff on the layout since the last time I participated. I especially love the red line train and the subway station. I am psyched to see the subterranean idea finally getting implemented.

I also think the gorge looks better than it ever did when I was responsible for filling it. It looks like it is not as deep as it used to be, which is a really good thing because it was nearly impossible to fill that thing in (14 bricks deep) in the old days. Today, I would probably “cheat” and use Quatro and Duplo underneath to build any hidden support structures for the terrain.

At the risk of sounding critical, I do notice that some areas of the layout seem a bit sparse compared to past years. Is participation within the club also suffering? Do you have some stats on the size of the layout and the number of club members who participated?

FUT: lugnet.trains