 General / 53128
53127  |  53129
Subject:
Has Babylon Fallen?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2006 17:56:10 GMT

Once there was a place whose inhabitants all spoke a common language.  As a
unified community, their combined strength gave them such confidence that they
challenged God Himself.  They lost, and were scattered to the four corners of
the earth, no longer able to understand what each other were saying.

As one who recently returned from self-imposed exile, I can't help but notice
that LUGNET has suffered a similar fate.  New MOC announcements trickle in at a
turtle's pace.  Not much ongoing discussion except in the most insular of the
.loc groups.  It's been a full week since the last post to o.t.d.  And where, oh
where, is lar?

I can think of some reasons why this probably happened, which I won't mention
here for fear of stirring up old soup.  And the emergence of other, more
specialized LEGO discussion boards has certainly drained the pool, I am sure.
But I am shocked at how much LUGNET has changed in just a couple short years.

Am I the only one who feels this way?  Hello??  Is anyone still out there???