 General / 53137
Re: Has Babylon Fallen?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 2006 03:55:18 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ross Crawford wrote:
In lugnet.general, Christopher Masi wrote:
Oh yeah... like Dave said... NELUG?

NELUG is better than no LUG 8?)

FUT: .fun

ROSCO

Hey, man, you messin' with my homies now!

Sorry to ignore your FUT, but actually, NELUG is a prime example of the brain
drain that has occurred here.  That club has among its members quite a few of
the most highly respected AFOLs around.  But a couple years ago, we moved the
club onto its own discussion board, and a lot of those folks don't seem to come
around here any more.  They just had a train show this past weekend, but I
haven't seen anything posted here about it, either before or after the event.

And my recent lack of participation in NELUG (which I named and was one of the
five original members of) is a direct consequence of my being too lazy to
monitor two discussion boards.  Back when everything was happening on LUGNET,
there was always a reason to surf over here every day, and I never missed a club
announcement.  But once NELUG became isolated on its own board with messages
only posted every few days, it became less of a habit to check in, and
eventually other demands on my time took over.

The more splintered the community becomes, the more people will tend to trail
off on their own for lack of the constant unexpected surprises that you get when
drinking from the fire hose.  At least that has been my experience.

Ok, now you got me messin' with my homies!  Stop that or I'll start melting
bricks with a blow torch!