 General / 53133
Re: Has Babylon Fallen?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 2006 01:06:58 GMT

David Eaton wrote:
In lugnet.general, Chris Phillips wrote:
Am I the only one who feels this way?  Hello??  Is anyone still out there??? • [...]

Of course, LUGNET has advantages over some other sites (like NNTP!), but
overall, LUGNET simply wasn't able to satisfy the increasing majority of people
in the hobby. So as it became easier to set up generic websites, people simply
went off on their own and made sites on their own.

Personally, I'm glad that LUGNET still exists. It's always felt to me like a
"home base" for Lego, and probably will feel that way for a long time to come.

DaveE

Mmm... nntp. I really like nntp. Like Dave I still love lugnet, and I
still come to see what's up. For example .trains is still the place to
be in the trains world even though it does seem quieter over there.
However, now that you are back I think traffic will really begin to pick
up ;) Oh yeah... like Dave said... NELUG?

Chris
--
http://mysite.verizon.net/cjmasi/lego/

Learn about brittle bone disease