 General / 53140
Re: Has Babylon Fallen?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 2006 15:25:30 GMT

In lugnet.general, Chris Phillips wrote:
   They just had a train show this past weekend, but I haven’t seen anything posted here about it, either before or after the event.

Part of this, for me at least, was/is a lack of time. I meant to post a notice on Lugnet a week before the show, but I spent so much time getting ready for the show, that it slipped my mind. I also hope to write up a short bit about the show when I get some time. I spent the day after the show sorting out and posting my photos to the NELUG site, and yesterday working, so I haven’t had time to write anything up yet.

Back to the discussion of Lugnet in general though. For me, I got tired of reading all the flame wars that popped up. Those seem to have settled down, so I’m back. I do agree that, for me, the splittering off of various groups makes it more difficult to follow the hobby. Others are served well by the specialized sites. I still tend to read Lugnet more than anything else though. Usually if something really interesting pops up on one of the other sites, it’ll get cross-posted here.

-Elroy