 Trains / 16563 (-100)
  Re: Spamcake Diner

(...) Both Doggies are being shipped, the first building is about half way done! Josh (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Futuristic Monorail Station and 6-wide Monorail

(...) useless and routinely throw in my 'junk' bucket, with wonderful results. I really enjoy viewing your creations. Best, Jonathan (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Futuristic Monorail Station and 6-wide Monorail

(...) Brad, It's great, I love the unique architectural uses, and of course the slightly cynical viewpoint (bars on the ticket counter, Timmy). thanks, George (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Futuristic Monorail Station and 6-wide Monorail

(...) --Dave (jot and jab) (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Spamcake Diner

(...) Ah, not to be confused with Brickley in the UK... (URL) are there plans to expand the franchise into the UK? The restaurants might have to be accommodated in existing buildings due to strict planning restrictions imposed by the local council (...) (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains)

Outstanding! The Monorail and the Station are just perfect. -- Bob Fay THE SHOP (URL) Hamilton" <bhamilto1@cox.net> wrote in message news:GwwnDv.6LC@lugnet.com... (...) Euphoria: (...) (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Futuristic Monorail Station and 6-wide Monorail

This is a new monorail station I built for the Bricktopia suburb of Euphoria: (URL) is a new 6-wide monorail I developed to go along with it: (URL) are the direct Brickshelf links with additional pictures: (URL) is the main Bricktopia page: (URL) I (...) (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.space) !

  Re: Spamcake Diner

(...) Hehe .. thanks. (...) I forget, but it's been available in a few sets. IIRC, the last theme to supply this tile was Space Port. No doubt somebody will correct me if I'm wrong. -Tom McD. when replying, crystalline spamcake was often used a prop (...) (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Spamcake Diner

Another spamchise will be opening soon in Brickland (or perhaps Brickeley), across the bay from San Brickcisco Paul Sinasohn wanna-be instructions tester LUGNET #115 (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Spamcake Diner

Great! Awesome job! My wife stopped cooking dinner and said we were going out to eat there! What set did the 1x2 tile on the right of the pinball machine come from? I love the details, very original, thanks for sharing your creativity. Jean-Marc (...) (22 years ago, 29-May-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Looking for DAT files of ICE

(...) Sjaacko: I've just uploaded to my BrickShelf gallery the MLCad .mpd file for version 8 of my DB ICE-T set. Perhaps this EMU sibling of the Intercity ICE 2 and 3 may provide your friend with some ideas. (URL) Mathis (22 years ago, 29-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Looking for DAT files of ICE

Hi all, For a friend I am looking for DAT files of the ICE train. Does anyone have those? Thanks, Greetz... Sjaacko (22 years ago, 29-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  BayLTC confirmed for GATS!

BayLTC, the Bay Area LEGO Train Club, is pleased to announce that today we received confirmation for our layout to be displayed at the Great American Train Show. Show Details: August 10-11, 2002 Cow Palace, Daly City, CA Show Hours: 11am to 5pm, (...) (22 years ago, 29-May-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pantagraph Ideas-- Used the Force

"James Mathis" <thakius@nmt.edu> wrote in message news:Gwu3ov.4LB@lugnet.com... (...) Now that is pretty clever. Everytime I see those sets in a store I look at them and think "Now what would I do with those?" - now I know! Mike -- Mike Walsh - (...) (22 years ago, 28-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pantagraph Ideas-- Used the Force

I just saw this on brickshelf! Nice!! Josh (22 years ago, 28-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Pantagraph Ideas-- Used the Force

Going Jedi: I picked up the "Jedi Defense I" set #7203 set yesterday. Here are a few ideas for pantagraphs using mostly elements in this set. Sets "Jedi Duel" #7103 and "Tusken Raider Encounter" #7113 have the black clip-on angled handle bar shown (...) (22 years ago, 28-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Motorized Switch Point

(...) (URL) (22 years ago, 26-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Motorized Switch Point

(URL) Mitchell" <tmitche2@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message news:GwpvrM.5AE@lugnet.com... (...) are (...) well? (...) visually. (...) it (...) (22 years ago, 26-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8w DSB MY engine (one of those famous NOHABs)

(...) You are right, it's not a LEGO piece. They are made of 1.5 mm diameter brass poles painted black. You can use the soul of Technic Flex-System wires also, because they fit very nice into those handle bases, but I don't have the right length of (...) (22 years ago, 26-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Inverted hopper

What's a freight train without a hopper car? But a hopper needs a lot more inverted slopes than I have. Then I recalled seeing Dean Husby's inverted hopper a year or so ago. I re-visited his site then sorted my slope bricks into like-coloured piles, (...) (22 years ago, 26-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Motorized Switch Point

(...) Ed, I've been looking for the Technic Engine Crankshaft (2853) part. Do you recall where you found this piece? I've searched lugnet and all the kits it says the part is in doesn't contain the part. I need a total of six and would like to get (...) (22 years ago, 26-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8w DSB MY engine (one of those famous NOHABs)

Very nice engine, Andreas! One question though: what piece did you use for the handle bars along side the door? (between the lever bases) (URL) It looks like a non-lego piece to me. Maybe a thread or something? Maybe it's a thread from a lego set? (...) (22 years ago, 26-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  NGLTC pictures from LEGO Outlet show

We just wrapped up a real fun show at the Dawsonville Outlet store, it was a real nice layed back show. The group at the store are a blast to work with and were very generous to the entire club. Here are a few pictures from the day: (URL) J. (...) (22 years ago, 26-May-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)

  Re: Possible virus sending large emails?

(...) I wasn't getting that one, but I have received three notes from Steven Barile infected with W32.SirCam which you can read about at: (URL) copied this note to .trains and .trains.org.scltc because those are the only groups posted to by Mr. (...) (22 years ago, 25-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: 2 wide spotted

(...) Doggies mate. Jason J Railton (22 years ago, 25-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 2 wide spotted

(...) FUT if I know either mate... :-) Anyway, it reminds me of a very old 'Moby Dick' sketch from 'Round the Horne' (British radio show from the '60s. And no, I'm not really that old): "Avast!" "Avast what?" "I don't know, but it's blimmin' big!" (...) (22 years ago, 25-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: 8w DSB MY engine (one of those famous NOHABs)

ME! Figure I can add a link too: (URL) (22 years ago, 25-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 2 wide spotted

(...) Perhaps but the English colloquial meaning is to emphasize. ("that car was Big with a capital B" means it was REALLY big...) It's a usage that has not been very common lately, it may be from some time ago. Today you're probably more likely to (...) (22 years ago, 25-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: 8w DSB MY engine (one of those famous NOHABs)

(...) don't forget me! (URL) (22 years ago, 25-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Motorized Switch Point

(...) Ed, Yep I have the file already. Was having some problems with MLCad, but I finally got things working. I'll give it a try. Tom (22 years ago, 25-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: 8w DSB MY engine (one of those famous NOHABs)

(...) I'm looking for *hardcore* 8 widers, not dabblers;-) (...) Dan Siskind (GMLTC) John Gerlach (GMLTC) Mike Poindexter (BayLTC) Ross Neal (TCLTC) Kim Toll (PNLTC) Joel Kuester (NILTC) To name a few off the top of my head. Whom have I omitted? (...) (22 years ago, 25-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: 8w DSB MY engine (one of those famous NOHABs)

(...) Lot's of studs-down construction for the windows and the red buffers. The snap-on steps are clever, too. (URL) for posting all these links, HoMa. They all are really great! later, James Mathis (22 years ago, 24-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: 8w DSB MY engine (one of those famous NOHABs)

Hi John, what stands NOHABs for??? (...) We also have Frank - Pudie - Abel, the winner of the ISCC Contest: (URL) - Mibra - Brachmond from Luxembourg: (URL) found Markus' caboose (might be a copy??): (URL) also started in 8-wide: (URL) (Blue-Train (...) (22 years ago, 24-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Spamcake Diner

There is also one in the northeast. Although in a more seedier part of town ;) (URL) Tom D (...) (22 years ago, 24-May-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Spamcake Diner

Spamcake should soon show up in 2 locations in shiningston!! Yes I said 2! One was planned to be built into a minimall... Josh (22 years ago, 24-May-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Spamcake Diner

New SpamCake Diner franchise opens in the Pacific Northwest! www.brickshelf.com/c...i?i=176539 SteveB PNLTC PS Please ignor the building's shadow on the clouds :) (...) (22 years ago, 24-May-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Motorized Switch Point

(...) Lots of threads on this have came and went. My most recent version is: (URL) works off of 0-9v power, any polarity, and signals it's position visually. Ed (22 years ago, 24-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: 8w DSB MY engine (one of those famous NOHABs)

(...) that you have posted in your Brickshelf folder! I really admire your work and other 8 widers in Germany-- can't you talk to Ben and show *him* the light;-) lol I just thought of something-- each of our countries has a masterbuilder who refuses (...) (22 years ago, 24-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My new creation

(...) There are a lot of nice surfaces and details that make this engine interesting to look at. There is, however, one important detail that you have omitted which will come in handy-- a *fuel tank*:-) For me, a nice, big and low fuel tank really (...) (22 years ago, 24-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Spamcake Diner

Mmmmmh! This page looks *delicious*! The Spamcake Diner is really great, everytime I come across a picture of it on brickshelf, it makes me smile to myself. Especially the rotating dog on the roof. And the pinball machine. And the Spamcake under (...) (22 years ago, 24-May-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Motorized Switch Point

Here's where I posted about a DAT file of my best one so far: (URL) still planning some modifications, but it has directional control, overrun protection, and works on unmodified points. It also uses fairly common components, though you will need (...) (22 years ago, 24-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  My new creation

I can't call this a MOC since it is really my attempt to replicate the SD40-2 that Christopher Masi has on his web site. The differences between his and mine are mainly due to parts availability, but I did add working headlights, a backlit front (...) (22 years ago, 24-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Spamcake Diner

Greetings Spamcake Consumers! It's been awhile in the making, but I finally have a decent page up for the Spamcake Diner. It has a few new pictures, and I might add a few more. Bookmark and feel free to visit (URL) and criticisms are of course (...) (22 years ago, 24-May-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.announce, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.publish.html) !!

  Motorized Switch Point

Hi all, I am working on a motorized switch point for my father in law. I saw the thread that's still around from a few years ago, but a lot of the links are broken. Does anyone have a motorized switch point which works fairly well? Tom (22 years ago, 24-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: 8w DSB MY engine (one of those famous NOHABs)

(...) from trying a British CoCo locomotive. Do you have more detailed plans ? Chris (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  MOC: 8w DSB MY engine (one of those famous NOHABs)

Hi folks, I just uploaded the pictures of my DSB MY diesel engine. Those engines were used in several european countries, even in the communistic Hungary! They were based on the EMD F7 design adapted to european requirements. Have fun, Andreas (URL) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Sand tower

I built this a few days back, because I've had the 2x4x4 half round panels sitting around for the last few months. (URL) the pics would actully upload, I would have posted this 15 mins ago!) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc)

  Re: James' beautiful Spanish-Brotli-bahn and InterRegio

(...) Thanks. (...) I suppose I should try to model this wedge. Hmmm.... (...) That sounds nice. A view I have never had. (...) I have been most inspired by Markus Strick's Ticket Center 6-wide models. He has built an InterCity in red and white. He (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: James' beautiful Spanish-Brotli-bahn and InterRegio

Hi James, I haven't been at brickshelf's recent uploads in the past days. Very very nice new train models out or your PC! I know the Interregio very well because I use it to travel to my parents. The one I use is always a mixture of blue-white (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 2 wide spotted

(...) In capitals, because Peer is from Germany (and we write nearly every second word in capitals - even in English)? Indeed - I agree it is a great model. I think he should have tried to use round 1x1 plates as big drive wheels under the engine (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: British EMU .mpd and Virtual Eurostar Experience (was Re: Work in progress, an EMU)

(...) I grew up riding Buddliners (on the B&M). According to my mother, I've ridden in the cab of one (but I don't remember it very well). One of her friends was an engineer and regularly ran the route which went through Concord MA. Here's a link (...) (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 2 wide spotted

(...) This is a great idea for a garland for a Christmas tree (please don't kill me, I'm just thinking ahead <G>). >> Mark << (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  2ND ANNUAL GALAXY ENFORCER CONTEST

(URL) (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Would LEGO(R) Train fans suppourt an anti T&V campagin?

I couldn't agree with you more Alex. Ever since I started working for CSX (since January), I've seen my share of trespassers on the rails, people who weave their vehicles around the gates at grade crossings, and truck drivers who ignore the bells (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Would LEGO(R) Train fans suppourt an anti T&V campagin?

Hi, Recently , I suggested on a train-simulator forum that the train-simulator community could have a role to play in educating the public about the dangers of tresspass and vanadlism on the railways.. This led to the site at : (URL) are available (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains) !

  Re: James' beautiful Spanish-Brotli-bahn

(...) Not quite the same as in the Marklin catalog. I have just found this link to a reseller of Marklin items: (URL) don't know if this link will work or not. later, James Mathis (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: James' beautiful Spanish-Brotli-bahn

(...) Dunno if it is the same, but the DB museum have an Adler in their collection. (URL) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: James' beautiful Spanish-Brotli-bahn

(...) Glad you like it. Amazing, eh? Well, perhaps that is due in part to a liberal use of non-standard color elements. In particular, I used red 9v train motor decorative side pieces. (LEGO(R) made gray ones. How about a parts accessory pack with (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Train Poster

Wow, this is nice. Btw, I didn't spend allot of time at the site but everything I saw looked good! dan parker, PNLTC and TrainBuilder Productions, LLC (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: British EMU .mpd and Virtual Eurostar Experience (was Re: Work in progress, an EMU)

(...) *This* link is one of my favorites which I have bookmarked-- I get lots of great photo references there (was getting some from there this morning as a matter of fact:-) -John (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: British EMU .mpd and Virtual Eurostar Experience (was Re: Work in progress, an EMU)

(...) such a web site. I only hope is that it was done by an ESLer (where it would be excusable) -John (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: British EMU .mpd and Virtual Eurostar Experience (was Re: Work in progress, an EMU)

Actually, here's a good page showing Many Many electric MU examples, including Metroliners in several schemes (URL) images link to the individual sites which have more info. (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: British EMU .mpd and Virtual Eurostar Experience (was Re: Work in progress, an EMU)

Just to close the loop on this, someone asked what the US name for EMU or DMUs would be and I have to say I don't know. The closest I can think for a DMU would be the Budd RDC (Rail Diesel Car) Here's a link to an overview of these (URL) that they (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  2 wide spotted

(URL) that Cool with a capital C or what? (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: James' beautiful Spanish-Brotli-bahn

In word YES this is amazing, I saw you post and thought that you were talking about (URL) this is brilliant Get some instructions made james !!! Tim (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BUGS display - first day a success.

Hi BUGS A bit late in replying but i would like to post something i got from some Relis when they went to your show. (...) Gnome says: i hope you tell them how much we enjoyed the train show but it needed a bit more promotion as ken missed it and (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Re: British EMU .mpd and Virtual Eurostar Experience (was Re: Work in progress, an EMU)

"James Mathis" <thakius@nmt.edu> wrote in message news:GwBxqF.JwC@lugnet.com... (...) Yes, something like that would be possible, I just haven't got round to it... (...) I haven't yet ventured into 8 wide, but I'm tempted this once. (...) Not that (...) (22 years ago, 19-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Thomas the Tank Engine ;) - MOC

That's a great Thomas, bet it's a hit with the kiddies! -Harvey (22 years ago, 19-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Thomas the Tank Engine ;) - MOC

G'day... well 1st of all, I have to say I don't know diddly-squat about trains and building them... so therefore I shall present you with 'My First Thomas' lol, yeah, he's probably not to scale, and neither is half the toys out there based on him... (...) (22 years ago, 19-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Advanced Design Train Roundhouse

(...) It depends. Does Via count as a class 1 line? How about CP? Victoria still has its roundhouse, used for the Budd cars. (which, btw, will be around until at least the 15th of june...its a on-again, off-again issue here, the E&N is not going to (...) (22 years ago, 19-May-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: British EMU .mpd and Virtual Eurostar Experience (was Re: Work in progress, an EMU)

(...) Can you overlap the tile with a plate or brick that is attached across the width of the tile or possibly from behind the tile? (...) OK, I never real-brick-built this. Thanks for letting me know. Off to my brick pile... (...) I like the 2x2 (...) (22 years ago, 18-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Low-tech & low cost controls

(...) Huh... I guess I forgot to tell you: there is no such thing as Radio Shack here! Plus, is the US designation the same as in Europe? (...) These I have a couple (from my "little chemist's" pack); I will use them shortly, thank you! (...) (...) (22 years ago, 18-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: British EMU .mpd and Virtual Eurostar Experience (was Re: Work in progress, an EMU)

"James Mathis" <thakius@nmt.edu> wrote in message news:Gw84or.MEM@lugnet.com... (...) experimenting with various designs today. (URL) liked your design, and used it as a basis for the green and red version. I'm not entirely happy with the front, (...) (22 years ago, 18-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  New Train Poster

All, After several weeks of what must surely have been hours of work, Jeroen has produced another terrific poster. And this time, I had the honor of having him develop the poster with my Locomotive design! He has also created a desktop (...) (22 years ago, 18-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Low-tech & low cost controls

(...) <snip> (...) 20# wire from Radio shack works fine. Also, for quick prototyping, use small alligator clips. they can by clipped on the ends of sidings, or in loops, pressed horizontally into one of the four slots on each side of the track. (...) (22 years ago, 18-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Low-tech & low cost controls

Hold on for a few weeks. I have a new design to present which meets all your criteria for a remotely operated switch. In the meantime, you should absolutely design your layout for manual switching. It is much more satisfying (and prototypical!) (...) (22 years ago, 18-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  James' beautiful Spanish-Brotli-bahn

Do you think,too,that James Mathis is every day more clever as a train builder? (URL) Foto - Crea e condividi i tuoi album fotografici online (URL) (22 years ago, 18-May-02, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Low-tech & low cost controls

In lugnet.trains, Ed McGlynn writes: (snipped) (...) This one, I have put to work so far in my current layout. It's the easy part, I think... (...) But how will the TS reach the inner loop, if the switch in the center is set to straight? Shouldn't (...) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Low-tech & low cost controls

(...) I will, thank you. BTW, is it possible to use a regular wire (non-LEGO) to make tests? Later I'd replace it with the real stuff, but in order to test faster I may need to use this procedure (if it is possible, what are the specifications of (...) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Work in progress, an EMU

(...) That looks a little taller than I'd like to build one. I'm tempted to lower it overall and just use curves between the bogeys. Even though it's not so realistic it might fit better overall, and it means (allowing for bogus motor bogeys) you (...) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Low-tech & low cost controls

(...) There's also a way to use only one controller to run at least two trains, but both are at the same speed. While probably not what Pedro's looking for, it leads into more complicated electrical block control. Here's a folder with an example: (...) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Low-tech & low cost controls

(...) Funny you should mention. I just this month gave a 10 minute talk to my train club on the merits of electrical block control. Perhaps I can help out. (...) True. (...) True. (...) Additional feeder wires every 25-100 ft or so should reduce the (...) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Advanced Design Train Roundhouse

(...) That's true. I'd recommend 48 if LUCNY had real estate right now to display Wayne's design, but we don't. I think starting with a 32 would be prototypical and fit our table design. (...) Yes, that's also true. Steamtown's table is large, but (...) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Advanced Design Train Roundhouse

(...) I would go 48 if I could. But I should hasten to point out that it is prototypical for engines not to fit on the turntable in US practice. It happened fairly frequently. The most common solution was to service the engine in the stall that was (...) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Advanced Design Train Roundhouse

(...) it, just the main drive. It's a fairly standard drive with the motor in the house. Another note, Steve's setup is very modular. Although it makes up a fixed configuration (that spans at least a 5x8 foot area when the yard is included), it's (...) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Advanced Design Train Roundhouse

(...) Steve Ringe, our 8 Wide King. I will see if I can get him to reply, he usually is too busy building to post much. (...) The turntable sequences by using mindstorms touch sensors to detect when the table is "close" to the approach track and (...) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Work in progress, an EMU

(...) The vestibule plates are quite beefy on some MU's (eg 156 sprinters). Yours doesn't look bad at all as it stands but you should try the snot technique or something similar, I'm sure it would look even better. There are techniques that the (...) (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Builder Profile on LEGO.com/trains-- Ross Neal

(...) Congrats to Ross and his proud father! If I read the inteview I still cannot imagine a 12-years old sitting in front of Max. Indeed, very smart answers.... (...) Ross is a friend of mine! Big steam engines drive wheels - exactely what I ask (...) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Advanced Design Train Roundhouse

(...) Thanks for sharing these ideas: I have had the motor outside the turntable and had a long connecting axle hidden underneath the turntables visible floor. But in the end this lead to my 5 bricks high solution, that I dislike. In a beta-version (...) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Builder Profile on LEGO.com/trains-- Ross Neal

(...) Na... he'd immediately switch to 10 wide because it would be "more realistic" or some similar folderol, you can be sure of that! :-) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Builder Profile on LEGO.com/trains-- Ross Neal

Cool models Ross! Great to see younger builder getting props! I knew your were a great builder when you and your father stop in on a Florida train show! I am proud to say I have seen his work up close and hope the see it again soon? Build on... (...) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Builder Profile on LEGO.com/trains-- Ross Neal

(...) Ahh, but what a way to go:-) -John (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Builder Profile on LEGO.com/trains-- Ross Neal

(...) start (...) But if LEGO start building them, you'll end up being just one of the all-so-rans...8?) ROSCO (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Builder Profile on LEGO.com/trains-- Ross Neal

(...) Way to go, Ross, champion of steam! Very nice to read your excellent comments to Max's questions. later, James Mathis (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Builder Profile on LEGO.com/trains-- Ross Neal

Most excellent! I bet there are a lot of 12 year olds out there going, "dang I wish I could build that well"...heck I'm sure there are a lot of adults saying the same thing...including me :) Great job indeed. jt James J. Trobaugh North Georgia LEGO (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Builder Profile on LEGO.com/trains-- Ross Neal

(...) Well, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree-- I was just as surprised and delighted that he decided to mention them (although I'm not really into steam like Ross is) If I were to have told him to say anything, it would have been for TLC to (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Builder Profile on LEGO.com/trains-- Ross Neal

(...) Congrats to Ross and his deservedly proud father! The standing joke in the GMLTC is "where did Ross get his building ability?" <grin> JohnG, GMLTC (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Builder Profile on LEGO.com/trains-- Ross Neal

(...) Excerpted for review purposes without permission: Max: Anything you'd really like to build one of these days, or a train part that you'd like to see from LEGO? Ross: Some day I would like to build a super-detailed, working UP 4-8-8-2 (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  New Builder Profile on LEGO.com/trains-- Ross Neal

Even *before* he created his latest MOC, the Pacific 4-6-2, ((URL) Ross was interviewed by Engineer Max from the LEGO.com/trains web site, and they have just uploaded it. Check it out: (URL) and click on LEGO engineers. -John (proud father:-) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Advanced Design Train Roundhouse

(...) To get the turntable as low as possible I think the key is to remove the requirement that the motor be located under the rotating track. Here are a couple of possibilities: * If you put the motor outside the circle and have it drive a wheel (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact