 Trains / 16533
Re: MOC: 8w DSB MY engine (one of those famous NOHABs)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 25 May 2002 03:01:21 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Holger Matthes writes:
Hi John,

what stands NOHABs for???

Here's an interesting question (to me, at least).  Who are the German builders
who build 8 wide?  Ones who come to mind:

You
HoMa
Dirk
Michael

Whom have I forgotten?

We also have Frank - Pudie - Abel, the winner of the ISCC Contest:

Of course, Pudie.

Michel - Mibra - Brachmond from Luxembourg:

Not German though.  "Mibra"?  He has stolen your name contraction idea! ;-)

Just found Markus' caboose (might be a copy??):

Felix also started in 8-wide:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Felix-Gross (Blue-Train and
various cars)

Of course: Gianlucca from Italy:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=gm

Well of course Gianluca:-)

And Ronald Borchert (he is a 7-wide freak):
http://www.robothek.de/Lego.htm

BTW, Ben also goes 7-wide and James allready showed some 8-wides ;-)

I'm looking for *hardcore* 8 widers, not dabblers;-)

Can't think of any more 8-wides ...

And who are the American 8-widers?

Dan Siskind (GMLTC)
John Gerlach (GMLTC)
Mike Poindexter (BayLTC)
Ross Neal (TCLTC)
Kim Toll (PNLTC)
Joel Kuester (NILTC)

To name a few off the top of my head. Whom have I omitted?

Let's collect the fantastic world of 8-wide trains here and I might list them
all at my homepage [http://www.home.fh-karlsruhe.de/~maho0013/bricks.htm]

Sounds great!

-John