 Trains / 16503
Re: British EMU .mpd and Virtual Eurostar Experience (was Re: Work in progress, an EMU)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 20 May 2002 16:33:09 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Just to close the loop on this, someone asked what the US name for EMU or
DMUs would be and I have to say I don't know. The closest I can think for a
DMU would be the Budd RDC (Rail Diesel Car)

Here's a link to an overview of these

http://www.sphosting.com/dayliner/rdc/budd2.html...

Interesting link, although it is about the worst writing I've ever seen from
such a web site.  I only hope is that it was done by an ESLer (where it would
be excusable)

-John