 Trains / *9269 (-100)
  Re: New idea for tanker cars..

(...) I've Brasso'ed one of my white segments, and I can certainly say it looks real purdy. I'm not particularly a trainhead (yet), but I do see some grey and white tankers in my future. :) James (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New idea for tanker cars..

Time to brake out the Brasso or Brake fluid for the white segments. SteveB (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New idea for tanker cars..

(heeheehee) Any reason to trot out some of my stuff! :) I'd just post a link to the original thread, but the search engine is disabled at the moment and I'm too lazy to go drilling, so I'll just go with a link to the pictures. Sorry they're so huge, (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  New idea for tanker cars..

I bought the Star Wars Escape Capsule of the 2001 series. It came with the for real big quarter cylinder pieces. Two were grey, and the other two had some wierd designes on them. Anyway, back to my idea, get a few of the grey ones, and put them all (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  New Gallery on PNTLC

GATS - Great American Train Show Seattle, WA - Nov. 18-19, 2000 Just click to Galleries page and it will be the top entry. There's about 40 images, enjoy. www.PNLTC.org SteveB PNLTC (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Desert Express

Hi Jacob, (...) Yes, absolutely! The middle axle moves sidewards while the engine goes through a curve! The axle element has 4 studs in it's middle section. But a 1x2 plate with centred stud on top to get a centred stud in the middle of the axle (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Desert Express

Ben: [ (URL) ] (...) Jacob -- "It's not a question of whose habitat it is, it's a question of how fast you hit it." (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Desert Express

(...) The engine has no power at all since there are two motors underneeth the first waggon.... For the engines wheelsets look here: (URL) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Desert Express

(...) I sure hope you put two motors underneath that locomotive, it's too pretty to be underpowered! -Harvey (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track Question

STEVEBAR wrote in message ... (...) This is exactly what I do at shows too. I also put spare track inbetween the main track and passing truck to store additional engines and wagons. I'm running 6 wides so there is enough clearance so they don't get (...) (24 years ago, 18-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track Question

(...) Mechanically, Poling (poleing?? I dunno the spelling) is a way to move a car that is not on the same track as the locomotive. A large stout pole (15 feet long or so??) is placed in the poling pocket of the switcher and diagonally to the car on (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track Question

Larry Pieniazek <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:G5s8B2.I2w@lugnet.com... (...) switchers (...) Forgive my ignorance, but what exactly is "poleing"? Regards, ROSCO (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track Question

(...) <snip> (...) I did a quick search of my NS rulebooks and I couldn't find anything against poleing. Although I'm sure since we don't carry poles, and like Larry said, most newer cars don't have the pockets, it really dosen't matter. I'm sure if (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Desert Express

Greetings from a different desert, where I wish we had such a cool train! Not only in real life, but also your LEGO version! Well built, HoMa. You have capture details of the train very well. I like the sliding door application. But, perhaps the (...) (24 years ago, 18-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Desert Express

(...) Georgeous Model HoMa! As it seems you are really cought by the 8-wide bug. I promise to give 8-wide a chance within the next 12 month... I rally like the fine detailing of the engine and the windows of the passenger coaches are an eye catcher. (...) (24 years ago, 18-Dec-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Desert Express

(...) Oh, I'll tell you what I think-- Wunderbar!! What a great train to model and what a nice job you did of capturing it in LEGO! Those windows are nuts, and yet you rendered them perfectly with bricks! I also like your presentation-- nice photos (...) (24 years ago, 18-Dec-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track Question

(...) Modern US prototype railroading does this fairly regularly when in double (or more) CTC controlled territory. You just have to complete the pass in some reasonable time (every block usually has crossovers to let you get back in your "lane") (...) (24 years ago, 18-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  LEGO Desert Express

Hi folks, X-MAs is just waiting outside - a good time to see what'S going on in the desert: Over the last weeks I build a model of "Namibia's unique railway experience" - THE DESERT EXPRESS. A black and white picture was shown in my local newspaper (...) (24 years ago, 18-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: GFLTC at the Great American Train Show - Tampa, Florida

(...) Though the gray tables were not part of the main layout, we used it to run some "extra" tracks (2 peanut shaped, one freeflow) and a Christmas themed train, a "race" train (very fast) and some extra trains laying around. Also allowed kids to (...) (24 years ago, 18-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: GFLTC at the Great American Train Show - Tampa, Florida

I was looking at pictures that Scott posted on Brickshelf from this weekends GATS and was wondering what the gray covered tables were used for? (URL) this part of your layout? jt (...) (24 years ago, 18-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Track Question

(...) (about doing flying passes)-yes, you can, but usually you run out of room to do it rather than anything else. You can also do what is called a "sawbuck", which is when you have one train longer than the siding take the siding to pass the other (...) (24 years ago, 18-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Berlin's old suburban train!

Hmmm look a little like the ones there were in Tallinn after the 2nd world war. Then the Berlin "s-bahn" trains was brought to Tallinn in 1944-45. I have only seen a few pictures of them; the seem to be very low. Are these the same ones? Sonnich (...) (24 years ago, 18-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track Question

Just jumping in here... I believe one name for this is a passing track ----<=====>----- What ever you call it, I have found it very useful at train shows to have a few of these off the main line, each long enough to accomidate the entire length of a (...) (24 years ago, 18-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track Question

(...) Depends on the length of the passing track and the number of blocks. I think to do it legally, the passing track would have to be three times as long as the longest train plus some (so that each leg of the passing track can be three blocks), (...) (24 years ago, 18-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track Question

(...) Can't do it with prototypes either, I think. Not legally, anyway,... ;-) Rick C. (24 years ago, 18-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Announcement for Train Event in Braunschweig/Germany

(...) Dear Todd, I'm sorry I did not take notice of that open date so far. The people of our club have done the first train event in late 1997 (on Dec. 27th till 29th). But the club has been formed in early December 1999. So the date of 1999-12-09 (...) (24 years ago, 17-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: Another Christmas Train: The Santa Express

(...) John - Thanks for the compliments & feedback. I had thought about "bragging" in my original post that I am at least clued in enough to know that the proper train width is 8 studs wide. I picked up this tip from the GMLTC folks during (...) (24 years ago, 17-Dec-00, to lugnet.fun.holiday, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Bulk bricks for trains

(...) Steve, the flexible passageways between passenger cars are known as diaphrams.I just wanted to let you know...-Harvey (24 years ago, 17-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Bulk bricks for trains

(...) This assumes you don't want an additional 16 or 20 black corrugated bricks per car to stick out the ends as the flexible passageway connector thingies (I have no idea what the correct terminology is for those). Steve (24 years ago, 17-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Yet another Project for James

(...) exams, (...) (warning, horible coding for the photos...Geocities hates me...) (URL) link on my homepage yet) James (24 years ago, 17-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Yet another Project for James

I've been co-opted. I am now building a FP9 (or something that looks slightly like one...) for NALTC. That, and some more Blue/Yellow Stripe coaches. The FP is coming along, except for the almost total lack of 1x4 blue arches. One set had them, and (...) (24 years ago, 16-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Why don't Lego trains sell (was Re: Walmart revisited)

(...) points of model railroading, though it didn't really mention one that I think is a very strong point, the fact that of all the types of things you can model, railroads are the thing which can most extensively be modeled by physical models (as (...) (24 years ago, 16-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Another Christmas Train: The Santa Express

(...) Nice work, Greg! I like a lot of the details-- lights, wreaths, etc. Though it seems, however, that you have already picked up the most valuable building tip you could get -- to build your train 8 wide!! {:^D As an aside, trains which run (...) (24 years ago, 16-Dec-00, to lugnet.fun.holiday, lugnet.trains)

  Another Christmas Train: The Santa Express

Season's Greetings Fellow LEGO-Fans! I saw Adrian's post the other day about the Christmas Train that he had built and it inspired me to get mine finished. I finally finished it a few days ago and have it now set up under our table-top tree. Today I (...) (24 years ago, 16-Dec-00, to lugnet.fun.holiday, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Why don't Lego trains sell (was Re: Walmart revisited)

(...) Never underestimate the power of nostalgia and the cyclical nature of life... (URL) (...) (24 years ago, 16-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Announcement for Train Event in Braunschweig/Germany

(...) That reminds me -- does anyone know when FGLTC was formed? I've got it listed here: (URL) the date of 1999-12-09 (9 Dec 1999) is in question -- it's the date of the first public mention of it that I could find. Thanks for any additional (...) (24 years ago, 16-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: Why don't Lego trains sell (was Re: Walmart revisited)

Model trains, in general, seem to be in decline, at least in the US. Of course, there is a group of hard-core enthusiasts that really love them, but the general populous seems more interested in other toys. My father always comments that model (...) (24 years ago, 16-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Info on GMLTC Style Honeycomb structure

I believe from my memory that I can build four 30"x45" modules with about 200 of the blue tubs. It would build 3 normal modules and one 2x4/2x6 hybrid module. The hybrid would use 2x4 for the walls and 2x2 for the towers, but use 2x6 for the lattice (...) (24 years ago, 16-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Info o GMLTC Style Honeycomb structure

Actually we had the green farm module before they were really selling green bricks in quantity. Before they were selling the green 2x4s in sets, about 100-150 of them followed me home from the model shop. (They let me keep all of my creations that (...) (24 years ago, 16-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Track Question

(...) To do it in 12v you need a 7860 (remote controlled stop). This allows you to cut off power to a section of track. Hook it up on the lane where you want the train to stop, and let the main line have the right of way (and continuous power). (...) (24 years ago, 16-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Info o GMLTC Style Honeycomb structure

(...) Mark, Oh, a public key is an encryption key (secret spy decoder ring stuff, but for real[1]). PGP stands for Pretty Good Privacy, and it is a freeware program ( (URL) ) that encrypts files, E-mail, or anything you do not want everyone else (...) (24 years ago, 16-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  RE: Info o GMLTC Style Honeycomb structure

Chris Chris -- PGP public key available upon request. You know, no one has ever asked... I'll take the bait, what is it? BTW, sent to list and you personally Thanx, Mark Millére LUGnet # 525 Visit Milissa's LEGO store, Millére's Spares (URL) (24 years ago, 16-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Info o GMLTC Style Honeycomb structure

(...) Wow, now that will look truly great. Don't get me wrong, the GMLTC layouts always looked great, but everything was well red. I kinda looked like New Jersey at crop planting time. The green base-plates at the NELUG's layout (it was NELUG I am (...) (24 years ago, 16-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Info o GMLTC Style Honeycomb structure

(...) Green, tan, brown, dark gray, 220, 221....whatever it takes;-) In our group, expense is not an issue-- it was always about availability with reason. Now that the earth tones are appearing in bulk, you can rest assured that there will be no (...) (24 years ago, 16-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Berlin's old suburban train!

(...) If you insist;-) -John (...) (24 years ago, 16-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Info on GMLTC Style Honeycomb structure

(...) Uh, I meant...You have a couple of daunting looking picutures up there! :\ Kim (...) (24 years ago, 16-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SuperTrain 2001 - I'll be there

(...) I can include some (2 or 3) controllers, without the 9V wall wart. I have 2 110 ones which I am using the plugins for Mindstorms, and a Euro one (no different, same wall wart connection). LMK if you want 1 or 2 of them thrown in...I find them (...) (24 years ago, 16-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: SuperTrain 2001 - I'll be there

Sorry I am so late in replying to this thread. We just came back from California, and yes, Legoland is neat. I was disappointed by the selection of Lego in their store. No large technic sets, only train sets were the track, the station and loading (...) (24 years ago, 16-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: SuperTrain 2001 - I'll be there

(...) I was just talking to the chairman of Supertrain2001 by phone, and I'm thinking that perhaps it would be best to use both the existing tables AND some rentals. With James Powell's large contribution, we have enough track and trains to make a (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Info on GMLTC Style Honeycomb structure

(...) Thanks Mike, You have a couple of daunting looking pictures you have up there :\ So how many 3033 tubs does it take you to do, say a 40"x60" module? Just the 22 brick high build-up, not all the structures & scenery on top of it? I'm trying to (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Info o GMLTC Style Honeycomb structure

My bad. The detail pictures are not in the standards page. (URL) lattice.jpg to see the lattice structure up close and overview to see several modules in progress. I thought I had better pictures than these, but my memory fails me now. I had to take (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Info o GMLTC Style Honeycomb structure

I haven't touched the page I made up in a while, but here it is: (URL) Poindexter PS: Target is carrying the 3033 blue tub here. Perhaps we will see cheap prices in January. Of course, they will never have the volume to make some seriously large (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Why don't Lego trains sell (was Re: Walmart revisited)

(...) Doesn't seem like the Railway Expresses are selling too well. Is this why TLC doesn't get into trains more? I am constantly surprised by the number of people who don't know that TLC makes trains. Has anyone ever seen a commercial advertising (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SuperTrain 2001 - I'll be there

(...) I think the VIA train would be popular - hopefully the Christmas holidays will give James the time he needs to finish it in time for it's "world debut". He also has a LOT of containers and container cars. I'd like to focus a good chunk on the (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: SuperTrain 2001 - I'll be there

(...) It's not like you don't have a few grey plates to compensate with. :-) (...) The tables are 2'x8', so $40 would give us a good chuck more space than we have with the existing tables. The cost shouldn't be an issue due to the "gate-share" (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Berlin's old suburban train!

Hi Kevin, (...) Yes, the plates should imitate the doors! Travellers have tu pull the hand bar either to the left or right side to open the doors. See the real doors at: (URL) of the picture gallery (in english) of: (URL) the real one! To model it (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track Question

Michael, Visit Matt's Train Depot for a good write up on how 9v switch points work: (URL) should answer whatever questions you have about 9v, can't really help with the 12volt though. jt ------ James J. Trobaugh (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Info o GMLTC Style Honeycomb structure

(...) Are you guys, GMLTC, switching to a green surface? If not, why not? To expensive? Don't see the need? Just curious, Chris (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Track Question

(...) Yes I do ! (...) I don't think you can do this with 12 volt though. Michael Pratt (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  RE: Track Question

(...) On (...) AAAAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!! I think 9v is best and easiest to lay too ! Michael Pratt (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Info o GMLTC Style Honeycomb structure

(...) John & James, Thanks much for the pointer and the explanation. This is great! Its exactly the info I was looking for. Thanks. Kim P.S. Why the follow up to .org? Wasn't this train building related? (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: SuperTrain 2001 - I'll be there

(...) Cool & understood. I'm certainly not going to complain. ;) In the same vein, some people expressed interest in having a James Jessiman Memorial Park on their layout - I've still got the file I used to make the sign, and I'm quite happy to send (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Info o GMLTC Style Honeycomb structure

(...) Pretty much it. The green bricks are your outside wall, and you tie into the wall every 5-6 bricks high. That is why you need the rim of 1x4s, to avoid "disturbing" the alternating binding appearance from the outside. It's a very clean and (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SuperTrain 2001 - I'll be there

(...) Nah, I do want to do it - I just know what I'm getting into. ;) (...) We might as well use the tables we've got, rather than renting tables down there. Also, if they use generic banquet tables, which 103% of rental places do, there's no real (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Info o GMLTC Style Honeycomb structure

(...) Nope, it's all you need (for pictoral reference, anyway). From left to right: 2x2 bricks, in towers. Height on these will vary depending on how high/stable you want your structure. IIRC, GMLTC uses 5 high towers, Mike P. uses 6 high. Both (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Info o GMLTC Style Honeycomb structure

(...) "re-inventing the wheel". The link seems to only provide a hint though - it looks like one step in an instruction book of dozens? SRC StRuCtures (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Berlin's old suburban train!

(...) Cool! Really looks like it might have appeared in the 12V line. Excellent use of clear bricks. One question: I like the way you used the 1x2 with handle plate on the sides, but what did it represent. A door? Maybe I'm not familiar enough with (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Berlin's old suburban train!

Hi train folks, I just build a model of the old Berlin suburban train! Ok, it's not my invention, I have see this model at Maik's and David's LEGO homepage ((URL) and (URL) and thought this could be a nice way to use my three red baseplates out of (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track Question

"Michael Pratt" <mpratt@cix.co.uk> wrote in message news:memo.2000121417...k.co.uk... (...) Do you mean having a passing line like this crude diagram, where there are two switches to allow a length of parallel track? ----<=====>----- If so, you (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Info o GMLTC Style Honeycomb structure

(...) Hey Kim- Glad to help out someone off the plywood;-) John Gerlach posted on his Brickbay page the pattern we at the GMLTC have perfected. Check it out here: (URL) careful up there at 5 bricks high-- you might need oxygen;-D -John (J-2) (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Info o GMLTC Style Honeycomb structure

I'm working on a module for the PNLTC display at GATS next year (in Feb) and I'm interested in building up a bit of a Lego landscape similar to the GMLTC modules. Now don't go thinking I've totaly abandoned plywood. I'm still a dyed-in-the-wool (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SuperTrain 2001 - I'll be there

(...) Sure. I just finished putting away all the loose pieces from our earlier parting-out, and from recent purchases. I'm finally using the six sets of drawers I've got! I'll be out of town over the holidays, but should be back on the 29th, and (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Hard to find 12v track at Georgia LEGO Outlet store

The Georgia LEGO Outlet store has recieved a shipment of hard to find 12v track, and some other little goodies. Train: 7858 12v switch points 19.60 7850 12v/4.5v straight track 6.99 7855 12v curved electric rails 6.99 Technic 8408 Desert Ranger (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: SuperTrain 2001 - I'll be there

(...) Just to clarify, I'm not doing this because Steve is a bricksmith, but because I think that supporting _all_ LTC's is important. PNLTC has stuff of mine on loan (a rail mobile gravitron, and a boxcar), and I loaned them the track in the (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: SuperTrain 2001 - I'll be there

(...) Don't feel obligated - and don't do it unless you want to. LEGO is our hobby - not a work commitment. I'm willing to handle it by myself. (...) Actually the tables wouldn't be required, as they have them there for only $8 each. They require (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Bulk bricks for trains

(...) I see. You are certainly right; the Amtrak trains do not have square windows. Since I haven't started modeling passenger trains I haven't really thought about it much, but I think the square windows look good, even if they are not (...) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SuperTrain 2001 - I'll be there

(...) Grr. Well, the work-drive-setup-dis...drive-work cycle doesn't appeal to me, not with only 1 or 2 other people to share the load, but.... I'm in. Grr. No guarantees about not going postal after the show, though. I'll take the van down, which (...) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Bulk bricks for trains

(...) Actually, I destroyed them because I didn't like the proportions. I finally realized that the gray windows were too large to scale to be used if one wanted to prototype US passenger cars. My Hiawathas show proper proportions. Now, I just need (...) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Bulk bricks for trains

(...) Are you destroying the gray ones to complete your Hiawatha cars or are you building a new Amtrakish train too? Chris (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  My arch bridge (was Re: My newest creation, Hell Gate Bridge NY)

(...) Unless I get a large (a few hundred) influx of beams, I'm only going to have the one arch bridge. Given that it's the only one in the world, it's more important (especially with the bridges <grin> trying to be built between LEGO trains and (...) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  SuperTrain 2001 - I'll be there

(...) Well the deadline (to commit) is tomorrow, and with it being the largest model train show in Canada, if felt strongly enough that there should be a LEGO presence there that I have committed myself to attending and putting on a display on my (...) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains.org)

  RE: Track Question

Michael You are correct for 9v. the voltage is applied to whichever direction the switch is selected to. My son Martin found out the hard way when he changed one switch, it applied the voltage, and plowed my 4565 into my newly traded MetroLiner! You (...) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Track Question

When you create a siding using two switches does the track not in use become isolated ? this does not work for 12v but I think it does for 9v because the direction of the switch determines which line carries the current. What I want is to have two (...) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Bulk bricks for trains

(...) Thanks, Bryan. I use these for all of my passenger cars. The car you selected has been selected for extinction;-) Here are my newest versions: (URL) (I try to use the 4 wide version <6081> as much as possible). -John (...) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Bulk bricks for trains

Outstanding... Between the tiles and the curved top pieces, this set looks like a good one for train parts. Thanks for the link, Dan. -- Bryan "Dan Boger" <dan@peeron.com> wrote in message news:20001214094441....xif.com... (...) curved (...) they (...) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Bulk bricks for trains

(...) here, see for yourself :) (URL) Dan Boger / dan@peeron.com / www.peeron.com / ICQ: 1130750 <set:7855_1>: 12 volt conducting rails, curved (LEGO/SYSTEM/Trains/.../Accessory Elements), '80, 8 pcs (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: lee tuckers steam engine

(...) I'm actually not sure if Lee reads lugnet or not... and I don't have his email. Sorry... However, you might be interested that Lee isn't a purist - his models do use modified/mutilated bricks... Still very cool though :) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.trains.org)

  lee tuckers steam engine

Hello, I know this is old news to most of you but while surffing peeron.com I came across lee tuckers steam engine. Now, i wanted to do something like that but I need Lee's help on a part in the engine. I hate to harvest mail so i am posting this (...) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Bulk bricks for trains

How about the little 'Brick 2 x 1 x 1&1/3 with Curved Top' parts as seen in (URL) . I would really like to see these offered in bulk (or a 4 wide version). These are tough to come by in any color besides green (Flash Speeder has 12). They look so (...) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Bulk bricks for trains

I was thinking about which elements would be good in bulk for trains. The list gets long quickly, but is there a rule of thumb to go by to at least sort a long list by importance. How about some numbers. Assume 28 studs long train x 5 cars roof (...) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Thanks for all the input this past week

(...) I don't think they grasped the what I was talking about with 6 vs. 8. I try to make is simple, but I think the whole "stud measuring" system was still sinking in. A few of them shook their heads as if they understood, but I don't think they (...) (24 years ago, 13-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Thanks for all the input this past week

(...) You did a good job with the local NMRA, traditionally they were stubborn types who would only be interested if you spoke in terms of 'HO,N,ect.'Kudos to you...-Harvey (...) (24 years ago, 13-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Thanks for all the input this past week

(...) But where did they side in the 6 vs 8 wide debate????? lol (...) Glad it went well. Thanks for plowing ground into new and exciting NMRA territory! -John (...) (24 years ago, 13-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Thanks for all the input this past week

I just wanted to thank everyone who offered input on my LEGO train presentation to the local NMRA division here in Atlanta. The meeting went real well, everyone had lots of good questions and seemed very interested. After the presentaion I had a (...) (24 years ago, 13-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Hypothetically Speaking...

(...) Wouldn't it be better to separate buffers and couplers? I'm thinking of the individual buffers that used to be produced. As far as trucks and couplers go, I think a talgo config would prolly work best (although not prototypical). -John (...) (24 years ago, 12-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hypothetically Speaking...

(...) That's because, if they change the couplers, one would hopefully still be able to use the current couplers (which I find adaquate, although hard to uncouple) with the new couplers. I'd like to see 2 'styles' of Kadee type coupler, with one (...) (24 years ago, 12-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hypothetically Speaking...

(...) That's not quite accurate. Maybe nobody complained in Lugnet newsgroups... Anyway, add me to the list of likely complainers if they changed the gauge. I can handle a change in couplers, though. /Eric McC/ (24 years ago, 12-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: German LEGO Community

(...) Hallo Kai, "Steine" ist der Plural von "Stein", richtig, im Englischen wird "Steine" in diesem Zusammenhang am Besten mit "bricks" übersetzt. "Steine" is plural of "Stein", in english, "Steine" means "bricks", Viele Grüße, René (...) (24 years ago, 12-Dec-00, to lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hypothetically Speaking...

On Mon, 11 Dec 2000, SRC (<G5FCJJ.J68@lugnet.com>) wrote at 22:16:31 (...) So true. All we are talking about here is a difference in the loading gauge. The only incompatibility is trackside clearances. Model Trains would make an excellent *addition* (...) (24 years ago, 12-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My newest creation, Hell Gate Bridge NY

(...) You could probably make a larger truss - yes - but a suspension bridge will always be able to be made longer - and from less LEGO. The counterweight and bending tower problem is easily fixed at the same time the span length is increased. ie. (...) (24 years ago, 12-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact