 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 365
Re: SuperTrain 2001 - I'll be there
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 00:51:52 GMT

Important update - A fellow Bricksmith (James Powell) has offered to
lend me any of his stuff (about 100 cars/10 engines, 580 straight, 14
points, etc. of track) including (I think) some buildings.

Just to clarify, I'm not doing this because Steve is a bricksmith, but because
I think that supporting _all_ LTC's is important.  PNLTC has stuff of mine on
loan (a rail mobile gravitron, and a boxcar), and I loaned them the track in
the summer (when I was here, and could have used it).  So, sending it ahead of
myself when I have to take everything to pieces anyway is no big deal.  As far
as buildings go, I'm not too sure if it would be worth me shipping any to you,
because of volume.  I know I can get the track and train cars dense enough not
to get hit by Canada Post's minimum density fee (It'll cost me for the weight,
but hey...).  As far as shipping onward, I'm not sure as to how/where we will
be traveling through Alberta yet, but at worst, you could toss it into
Grayhound on to me, and I know it is much cheaper to do so than to send it via
Canada Post.  (unfortunatly, I don't have that option, since Grayhound doesn't
come east of Montreal...).

I sent Steve a Email with what I have right now in the way of train stuff (I
should have included that I can build a few more of the Via coaches (Blue Via
"coach's", no fancy cars yet, although I used to have a dome car too...and one
wouldn't be all that hard to build...)

James