 Trains / *31315 (-100)
  Re: more bricks in online P@B (WAS: 10183 postponed?)

(...) The price of red train doors just dropped significantly! I have been watching this on BrickLink and red trains doors usually run anywhere from $4-$8, the left hand doors being more expensive. Now they are $0.32 a piece! I already purchased a (...) (18 years ago, 21-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: Automated shunter/switcher

(...) the point. In that case, the idea is just fantastic! It might even be doable by using the DCC's lamp output for the motor. Thanks also to Chris, it does help knowing the right keywords (in this case, "decoupling") :) (...) It really depends on (...) (18 years ago, 21-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re:more bricks in online P@B (WAS: 10183 postponed?)

In lugnet.trains, Jordan Schwarz wrote: hours (...) Looks like more elements are available in online P@B as well. Jonathan (18 years ago, 21-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: Automated shunter/switcher

(...) why not just keep it simple? build the decoupler into the switcher, put a touch sensor on the side or bottom and use it to trigger a program that is something like this: forward untill touch sensor depressed "ie attaches to train cars" stop (...) (18 years ago, 21-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Automated shunter/switcher

(...) The one I always liked the best (can't find it right now... ah, here it is I think) was Gronk: (URL) not built it yet because I don't use LDCC or have an RCX on-board a train, but the idea is nice. And with those IR-controled Power Function (...) (18 years ago, 21-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Automated shunter/switcher

(...) I built a powered decoupler from somebody else's instructions quite awhile ago. A quick search brings up this LUGNET thread that might help you... (URL) (...) I have multiplexed up to 4 reed switches using four different resistance values in (...) (18 years ago, 21-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: A few Norwegian MOCs & a DCC-question

(...) Suddenly I feel stalked... but I guess you know the feeling :] Thanks, I'm always very happy when I hear people like my models! It is also extremely funny when kids come and recognise the trains and start screaming... or when train enthusiasts (...) (18 years ago, 21-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A few Norwegian MOCs & a DCC-question

(...) Hi Matija, I've admired all these models since you first posted them. I particularly like the way you vary each of them to different scales and sizes (I have a love for length-compressed six-wides). The nose design on the Flytoget is absolute (...) (18 years ago, 21-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Automated shunter/switcher

So, I got this idea of making an automated shunter for our group's exhibition layout, it would be a nice eye catcher and a great oportunity for the big trains' motors to rest and cool off. In the simplest version, it would just come to a bunch of (...) (18 years ago, 21-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10183 postponed?

(...) The website is back up, and LDD 2.0 is now available! Cheers! (URL) -Jordan (18 years ago, 21-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: Copenhagen Metro elevated railway station and train

(...) Very nice station. I like how thin the overall structure looks. You have certainly captured that "made of steel beams" look. Well done! Lawrence (18 years ago, 21-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: A few Norwegian MOCs & a DCC-question

(...) You're welcome. And thanks :) (...) LDCC + RCX 1.0, yes. (...) Yes, that is what I intended to try to do next... that is, after I unpack everything from the moving-boxes ;) I will also test them with some lighter trains. However, I do recall (...) (18 years ago, 21-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A few Norwegian MOCs & a DCC-question

(...) Wow! These are some very nice-looking designs. Thanks for sharing these! (...) I have only used DCC a little (I do have a couple DZ123's) and never experienced these problems myself, but I do recall the discussion. I was wondering what you are (...) (18 years ago, 21-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  A few Norwegian MOCs & a DCC-question

Hello there, so, after a lot of time of being passive, I finally decided to break the ice :) First, a few local MOCs (train & town): BM-71 (Flytoget, the Oslo airport train) (URL) This was my first train MOC, made a year ago. I was struggling a lot (...) (18 years ago, 21-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX) !

  Re: TCLTC showing this weekend in La Crosse, Wisconsin

(...) Hey, Dave- It was our pleasure! Glad you guys made the trip out. You really did a nice job on the 3110; it makes me want to go back and finish up the one I started a few years ago. When I do, I'll know where to go to find some AW artwork;-) (...) (18 years ago, 20-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, FTX)

  Re: TCLTC showing this weekend in La Crosse, Wisconsin

(...) John: It was great to see you and Ross this weekend. Thanks for letting Stacy and I run my new train on the layout. I was really excited to see it run. :-) Nice work on the Hogwarts Express too. Stacy really liked that one. You can check out (...) (18 years ago, 20-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, FTX)

  Re: 10183 postponed?

(...) That's rather drastic, to take down a website for more than a day! A few hours I've seen many times before (for example Apple) but more than a day? :-D Greetz, Anton (18 years ago, 20-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Another LaCrosse Show in the books

(...) i would deffinitly encourage it. anytime new people join a hobby it's a fresh set of eyes and ideas. who knows the solution to the battery trains becoming usefull may come from someone you talked to last weekend. (...) quite honestly it's (...) (18 years ago, 20-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10183 postponed?

(...) I don't think that I'm revealing any secrets by saying that yes, it is true 10183 has been delayed a few days. I don't know the details, but apparently the hold up is due to the printed instructions for the main model. I also just noticed that (...) (18 years ago, 20-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: I shall call him... Mini Me

(...) Oh that little engine on the flatcar is just so cute! Small question tho, did you consider putting any 1x6 lt. grey plates on the drive wheels of the mini-model to better match the large engine's rods? Or did it seem they would be too big in (...) (18 years ago, 20-Mar-07, to lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: New Brown Town Buildings (pics)

(...) :-) (URL) HERE> is a pic of the revision taken at our train show exhibition this past weekend. Thanks again! JOHN (18 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Another LaCrosse Show in the books

(...) So I hunted a bit this morning. I kinda think you could pull this off here in Minneapolis. It would have to be a smaller setting, but I'm not sure that the Jackson Street Roundhouse would have enough space to give. Don't / didn't we have some (...) (18 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: Another LaCrosse Show in the books

I figure I should post in this thread, too - just so we have all three John's in the same thread. There, I've posted. <grin> I had fun flirting with the cute young reporter, we only slightly overwhelmed the poor girl. <lol> And for the record, I (...) (18 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Another LaCrosse Show in the books

(...) Thanks! (...) I sent them (URL) HERE>:-) (...) Of course! (...) I think you schmoozed her too long-- it seemed to have affected her reporting. Or was J-1 actually quoted correctly when he said, (URL) "I’ve been playing with Legos since I was (...) (18 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Another LaCrosse Show in the books

Seems like this is about all I post about now. We've completed another LaCrosse show. It was nice have John Neal down there so I could send anyone who asked me about how to start a Lego train club over to him. I also sent anyone who asked how to (...) (18 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  10183 postponed?

Set 10183 has been postponed, at least in the Netherlands...? Not the 19th like it was originally promised but the 23rd of March... (18 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A story, and a new Trains website

(...) This is good news. I've emailed LEGO about this problem myself. Simply being able to filter by 'Trains' and 'Cool Creations' together would be a big help, but it seems they couldn't achieve that. It's a shame it takes such a major overhaul for (...) (18 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd)

  I shall call him... Mini Me

(2 URLs) Post Mod Gallery> Here is a mini version of my #805 I built this afternoon. I've been wanting to build a mini-scale train to ride on a small flatbed car for a long time now, but I never really got the gumption to try to build a MOC of my (...) (18 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  Re: A story, and a new Trains website

(...) Wow, if AFOL's continue to provide stuff like this site, LEGO will not have to do any work. Get AFOL's to design them, get AFOL's to help people find them, get help from AFOL's to market them--just provide the parts. And even that is now (...) (18 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd, FTX)

  Re: A story, and a new Trains website

In lugnet.trains, Jordan Schwarz wrote: SNIP (...) SNIP (...) Hi Jordan, I like this idea. I'd recommend adding Chris Masi's work. He seems to have two usernames, "masithebuilder" and "acjmasi", not sure which he'd prefer you use. I've build-tested (...) (18 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd, FTX)

"Ross Crawford" <ross.{mylastname}@gmail.com> wrote in message news:JF4Do6.9FG@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) I believe it will. I expect things to change quite a bit as LDD 2.0 and an updated LEGOFactory.com roll out. It may not happen (...) (18 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: Copenhagen Metro elevated railway station and train

(...) --snip-- (...) Hi Esben, I think you've captured the look quite perfectly for the most part. Both the train and station are very attractive MOCs. I can understand your eagerness :) The little details on the station are excellent. I love how (...) (18 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: A story, and a new Trains website

(...) Nice site Jordan. There is also the (URL) LEGO factory hobby trains> page, which currently features some great models by James Mathis. I'm not sure if that will be expanded to include models by other AFOLs. ROSCO (18 years ago, 18-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd, FTX)

  A story, and a new Trains website

As we near the release of LDD 2.0, I offer the following tale... Two weeks ago, I was visiting the Tyson's Corner LEGO Store. Although the store still sells 9V track and motors, they no longer carry 9V train sets, which number only a few these days (...) (18 years ago, 18-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd, FTX) !

  Copenhagen Metro elevated railway station and train

Hi, Some years ago I built a subway station based on the new Copenhagen metro ((URL) Lugnet post>, Brickshelf: (URL) station>, (URL) train>, (URL) reference pictures>). Looking back now, I'm not quite satisfied with the result, especially the train (...) (18 years ago, 18-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  Re: 6-wide Canadian Pacific GE ES44AC

(...) I finally figured out how to make an .mpd file. The .mpd file is now complete and uploaded to Brickshelf. Its address is (URL) (when moderated). Joseph (18 years ago, 17-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 6-wide Canadian Pacific GE ES44AC

(...) As I mentioned before I was working on this already - but my MPD uses step-by-step instructions. So I'll continue my project and borrow/steal from yours to save me the effort of placing the parts, and just organize it into steps and put it (...) (18 years ago, 17-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 6-wide Canadian Pacific GE ES44AC

(...) Darn it, you beat me to it! I've been working on an MPD file of this MOC. I'm up to page 13 of the Excel instructions so far. (18 years ago, 17-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 6-wide Canadian Pacific GE ES44AC

(...) And of course you could get me to engrave the numbers on the bricks/panels and not even worry with stickers and matching colors, and the like. lol Tommy Armstrong www.brickengraver.com (18 years ago, 17-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 6-wide Canadian Pacific GE ES44AC

(...) After much communication, Chris and I have been able to come up with a set of LDraw files showing the construction of the ES44AC. They are now available on Brickshelf. A word of caution...I cannot seem to capture the fine points of creating (...) (18 years ago, 17-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Speed Build Competition (and sorting & steam)

Jon Rasmussen, who has been in PNLTC and its offspring clubs for about 10 years now and who is a very active builder in Wild West, among other themes, is still a lurker here on Lugnet. So I'm posting this stuff for him. :) Jon will be hosting the (...) (18 years ago, 16-Mar-07, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.build, lugnet.storage, lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Eww... Steam Engines

(...) Thanks! It's my favorite, too. I think the fact it being smooth and shiney also helps toward the overall effect. I'm not a huge fan of studlessness, but a little goes a long way. Thanks so much for the reply! --Tony (18 years ago, 16-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Train FAQ

(...) Does anyone know if the current part selection in Factory version 1,6 will be retained or if it will be replaced by the assortment from set 10183? My personal preference (of coarse!!) would be to have access to both sets of parts in Factory (...) (18 years ago, 15-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  TCLTC showing this weekend in La Crosse, Wisconsin

Come and see the TCLTC (and the GMLTC, for that matter) at the 26th Annual La Crosse & Three Rivers Railroad Club Train Show at the La Crosse Center in La Crosse, Wisconsin this weekend (Sat 10-6, Sun 10-4). We will be working out the kinks in our (...) (18 years ago, 16-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: 6-wide Canadian Pacific GE ES44AC

(...) Thank you for your fast response. The Excel spreadsheet is a true work of art. I have never seen such a display! Over the next several days I'll be trying to work out the last details. If there are still missing steps I'll get back. But, in (...) (18 years ago, 15-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Eww... Steam Engines

(...) I really love what you have done with this loco it gives a real impression of speed and power - I think it is simply its sheer size. (the others are great too but this is my favourite). Fantastic Chris (18 years ago, 15-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: 6-wide Canadian Pacific GE ES44AC

(...) No problems, I have posted the excel file here: (URL) you cant work the problem out, let me know the assembly reference and I will break it down a bit so it is easier to follow. I do not intend to be deliberately obtuse. If you could also let (...) (18 years ago, 15-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 6-wide Canadian Pacific GE ES44AC

In lugnet.trains, Chris van Lottum wrote: ...snip... (...) This is one really nice engine! Would it be possible for you to post the Excel file for those of us who dabble in Excel? I have built your Prime Mover and am building the engine in LDraw (...) (18 years ago, 15-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 6-wide Canadian Pacific GE ES44AC

(...) Thanks Jim, I draft each piece myself; I don't use CAD. Most parts are really just combinations of simple rectangles and circles, and the geometry is well documented and easy to understand. I admit I haven't got all the parts 100% right, (...) (18 years ago, 15-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 6-wide Canadian Pacific GE ES44AC

(...) Thank you Paul I really liked your Ralston Purina Boxcar. I bought a couple from Factory and would recommend it to anyone! - fun to build and great to look at. It was an absolute coincidence when I bough them but our cats eat Purina food - I (...) (18 years ago, 15-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 6-wide Canadian Pacific GE ES44AC

(...) Wow thanks for you kind words. I seem to have attracted positive comments from some of the best train builders around here. Play Well Chris (18 years ago, 15-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  12V wheels with wrong pins

I found (URL) this pic> on BS today and it reminded me that I have some of these too. It looks like they just got the colours mixed up on the production line. I got mine in a service pack ordered from the yellow pages in the back of the catalogue, (...) (18 years ago, 15-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 9v Motor Placement Help

(...) You could also put two motors under one of the A units (I did that with my CNW f-unit, though I can't find any good pictures to prove it). I've pulled over 30 cars with the normal LEGO magnets, but it is pushing the limit of their strength. (...) (18 years ago, 15-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 6-wide Canadian Pacific GE ES44AC

(...) Heh heh, can't please everyone. James might be right, they are not step by step instructions. But I still thought the presentation was efficient. Your pdf conveys everything (the parts list helps with finding the missing parts). Your effort (...) (18 years ago, 15-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 9v Motor Placement Help

(...) Two motors should pull that train comfortably, so long as all the wheels are rolling freely. I'd put one each on the first two units. A third motor would be an advantage if your layout has lots of turns. When adding a third motor, it's a good (...) (18 years ago, 15-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  G.M.L.T.C. to display at La Crosse & Three Rivers Model Railroad Show

The Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club will be showing this weekend at the La Crosse & Three Rivers Railroad Club 26th Annual Model Railroad Show. Come see the GMLTC's 18'x30' ever-expanding modular all-LEGO town & train layout. Club member Judy Payne (...) (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.wi, FTX)

  Re: 9v Motor Placement Help

(...) With 7 cars, I think 2 motors is plenty, I'd leave the B motorless. When pulling a longer train, it can be necessary to add a motor in the middle of the train, because the magnets just aren't strong enough to pull a long train (yes there are (...) (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  9v Motor Placement Help

I have a Super Chief that I've been taking to TexLUG meetings which currently has 2 locomotives (A's) and 7 cars. Each of the locos has a 9v motor each. I've been looking to aquire a third locomotive so I can make a B unit (to make an A-B-A config) (...) (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 6-wide Canadian Pacific GE ES44AC

(...) I like this model because it looks just like the engines that go past my family's house (CP and Norfolk Southern, mainly). Growing up right there I kind of took the trains for granted, but seeing all the effort people here put into modeling (...) (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  4891 Alternate Model: Locomotive

Here's a little train engine I made from the "(URL) Haulers>" set. Obviously, it's not based on any real model or color scheme, but I think it is at least recognizable as a locomotive. (URL) 1>> (URL) side view>> (URL) snapshot>> The front truck (...) (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Train FAQ

(...) Mike, THANKS! for the FAQ and for your involvement in this set. I can't wait to receive mine! Eric (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Train FAQ

(...) [SNIPPED] (...) Yes, it need to be cut (at least for one model I've built) . As far as I've seen, only a few models use the flex tube but I have not check if the cutting can be done to satisfy all of the models. (...) [SNIPPED] At least you (...) (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

"Paul S. D'Urbano" <durbano@optonline.net> wrote in message news:JEw7AE.1xo@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) I believe this subject is covered in one of the reviews. If you haven't read them, I would encourage you to do so. You can find (...) (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Train FAQ

(...) Its a black macaroni, see (URL) here> Tim (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Train FAQ

(...) Apologies. Tim is right, the first is the droid body and the second is a mystery (Geez, we should know this!) -Jeramy (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Train FAQ

(...) I believe the first one is the top to a hinge: (URL) The second is a droid body, used for pantograph assemblies: (URL) -Jeramy (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Train FAQ

(...) Dark bley droid body is the first one. Can't tell the second or even remember anything remotely looking like it. Tim (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Train FAQ

(...) Here's a few questions that didn't make it into the FAQ: 1) Does the flex hose require cutting, and if so can it be cut in a way that satisfies the needs of all 30 models? 2) Is it possible to build any two (or more) of the 30 models at the (...) (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Train FAQ

Can anyone tell me what the part next to the technic half pin and the grey 1 x 1 brick is (says "x4" underneath)? Also, what is the part next to the magnet holder and 2 x 3 black plate (says "x4" underneath)? I can identify all the other parts but (...) (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Train FAQ

"Jonathan Wilson" <jfwfreo@tpgi.com.au> wrote in message news:JEvtGH.9xK@lugnet.com... (...) Here is an image of the inventory from the box art: (URL) Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com (URL) - My LEGO Blog (URL) - North Carolina LEGO Train (...) (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Mind the gap! London Underground Standard tube stock

(URL) With my designing of the W+C 1940 stock (SR class 487) model recently I overcame some design obstacles that had set me against continuing the design process for the standard stock, having started it by throwing together a quick demonstrator (...) (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk, FTX)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Train FAQ

(...) Not yet an official one at peeron or bricklink. (URL) The various reviews descibe some of the pieces in the box and you might find some pics about the inventory of 10183 in a gallery form one of the reviewers: (URL) Holger (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Train FAQ

Is there an inventory for this set available anywhere yet? (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  10183 LEGO Hobby Train FAQ

A FAQ has been prepared for the 10183 LEGO Hobby Train. The FAQ addresses many of the questions which have been raised since it was announced last month. The FAQ is available in English and German and in high and low resolutions. For more details, (...) (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ACME Industries Factory

(...) I can relate to that-- YABO! :-) JOHN (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: ACME Industries Factory

(...) I currently only have 2 of those 1/2 cylinder bricks. But I will consider ordering some more. They would provide a much smoother appearance. I ran out of 1x1 white round plates, so I will have to order more if I want to replace any of the (...) (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: ACME Industries Factory

Thank you for the input. I have addressed each of your comments below: (...) I agree. I can either replace the white windows with 2x2 trans-black panels (but my Penobscot Building had been using all of those up) or I can use more 1x2 clear bricks; (...) (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: ACME Industries Factory

(...) Thanks for the compliments. As for the sand green, I will take a look at my current tile supply. I have to admit that sometimes I just use whatever color is available to get the MOC finished instead of placing yet another bricklink order. In (...) (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: ACME Industries Factory

(...) Thanks. By the way, you are thinking of the Battersea power station (1939-) in London which was on the album cover. That would be a cool MOC to do since it is an example of industrial art deco. My building represents a design from 1910-1920. (...) (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 6-wide Canadian Pacific GE ES44AC

(...) Chris, Very nice! Great MOC. Lots of good details! Thanks for sharing. -Paul D. (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Brown Town Buildings (pics)

"John" <John@TCLTC.org> wrote in message news:JErwnp.I0@lugnet.com... (...) Great! I'm looking forward to seeing it. Your buildings have given me much inspiration in the past so I am honored to be able to "give back" a bit. :-) Tim (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: ACME Industries Factory

(...) Very nice. Like everyone else, I like the block glass effect of the 1x2 windows. The chimney... did you try building it with those 2x4x5 semicircle bricks? Just a thought. By the way, I like the way some of the lights on the sign look brightly (...) (18 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Monorail System (MOC) - 360 degree roll

(...) Thanks Mark, Here's a pic of the 360 degree roll, the first roller-coaster function that goes beyond the capabilities of the old monorail: (URL) is the whole rolling track: (URL) when moderated: (URL) if the whole gallery isn't available for a (...) (18 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 6-wide Canadian Pacific GE ES44AC

(...) Damn, that is one fine engine! Chris (18 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  GtwLUG at Great Train Expo in Collinsville IL

Come one, come all to the only St. Louis Lego club's train display on the 24th and 25th of March 2007 at The Great Train Expo in Collinsville IL. See fast trains, amazing buildings, high flying Starships, and maybe even a surprise or two. Fun for (...) (18 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: NGLTC at the local NMRA Train Show

(...) Inconceivable! (...) Whoa, now that's sad news. What a bummer. It is definitely worth the rebuild IMO. (...) That would be awesome. We'd save some space for your MOCs in the TCLTC's yard:-) JOHN (18 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: NGLTC at the local NMRA Train Show

(...) Sadly the Big Chicken was MIA for the event even though the real thing was less than a mile away from the show. The coal tipple is no more, it never traveled well and one day met its demise returning from a show. Right now it doesn't look like (...) (18 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: NGLTC at the local NMRA Train Show

(...) It all looks great, JT, but I'd like to file a complaint that (URL) this> didn't make the cut (or (URL) this>, for that matter). I liked the SNOT graffiti; presumably created by miscreant frogmen?;-) I can't view avi video, so I couldn't watch (...) (18 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  NGLTC at the local NMRA Train Show

This past weekend the North Georgia LEGO Train Club (NGLTC) particpated in the local NMRA Piedmont Division's Train show, this is our 9th year at this event. It is held in a smaller venue so our layout is about the 1/3 of what would have at the (...) (18 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: ACME Industries Factory

Given the dearth of comments so far I thought I'd add my voice to the appreciative few. I love the windows - I too have acquired many hundreds of those, but I've only used them in 4x4 configurations as many-paned house windows rather than pseudo (...) (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 6-wide Canadian Pacific GE ES44AC

(...) Thanks Benn It may sound really stupid but I use Excel to prepare my drawings - each drawing element is prepared separately then I do the overall layout. Before you start choking, there are however specific reasons why I use it. It is (...) (18 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 6-wide Canadian Pacific GE ES44AC

(...) Hi Chris, First let me echo the other posts, "nice MOC with great detail". But let me go further and note that I think your instructions are equally nice and are deserving of attention in their own right. Mind if I ask what software you used (...) (18 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Cowl Unit Prime Mover

(...) Retrofitting an EMD locomotive with a Caterpillar prime mover... how prototypical (grin). Benn (18 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: SF Bay Bridge Old East Span v2 ready for TCA show

(...) Thanks Eric, Yup, they plan to tear it down after the replacement is done in who now's when. I also remember you took pics of our maglev and other stuff at BricksWest a few years ago... Have Fun! Mark (18 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 6-wide Canadian Pacific GE ES44AC

(...) Come to think of it, So have I (there are some in the pictures of my prime mover), and they are mighty fine, if a little time consuming to cut ;-) (...) Thanks Guys It's down to Staples for me this weekend :-) Chris (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Cowl Unit Prime Mover

(...) Thanks for your kind works James Chris (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 6-wide Canadian Pacific GE ES44AC

(...) Indeed, these clear labels are excellent. I have seen them first-hand, and they look very nice. later, James Mathis (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 6-wide Canadian Pacific GE ES44AC

(...) onlinelabels.com has clear labels. I used them for this effort: (URL) ___...___ It's here! Your new message! Get new email alerts with the free Yahoo! Toolbar. (URL) (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hobby Train Preorder on S@H: K10183

--snip-- (...) I'm going to guess that it's the box and the instructions. Tim (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Cowl Unit Prime Mover

(...) Hi Chris, Very, very nice! Wonderful attention to an interior element. Amping up the interiors for engines, coaches, etc. is an excellent focus. I look forward to your further creations and announcements! I should be a student of the proper (...) (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact