 Trains / 28921
Re: Automated shunter/switcher
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2007 16:32:53 GMT

On 2007-03-21, Brian Davis <brdavis@iusb.edu> wrote:

The one I always liked the best (can't find it right now... ah, here it is I
think) was Gronk:

http://news.lugnet.com/announce/moc/?n=2683

Thank you!  Although the crucial links in the post are dead, I think I got
the point. In that case, the idea is just fantastic!  It might even be
doable by using the DCC's lamp output for the motor.

Thanks also to Chris, it does help knowing the right keywords (in this case,
"decoupling") :)

* A lot of reed switches will be needed...

Why? Specificly, how many places do you need to know where it is?

It really depends on how complicated I want it to be (and, of course
I want it to be complicated).  But this is actually more a problem
of the whole layout, since there will be more than only one train
and platform.

--
Matija