 Trains / 28863
Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Train FAQ
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2007 13:42:15 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Mike Walsh wrote:

"Paul S. D'Urbano" <durbano@optonline.net> wrote in message
news:JEw7AE.1xo@lugnet.com...

[ ... snipped ... ]

1) Does the flex hose require cutting, and if so can it be cut in a way
that
satisfies the needs of all 30 models?

[SNIPPED]

It shows the flex tube as a single long piece so, yes, I will believe it
will need to be cut and I do not know if there is a way to do it to satisfy
all of the models but I would suspect not.

Yes, it need to be cut (at least for one model I've built) . As far as I've
seen, only a few models use the flex tube but I have not check if the cutting
can be done to satisfy all of the models.

2) Is it possible to build any two (or more) of the 30 models at the same
time?

Yes, I believe so although which ones you can build simultaneously I don't
know.  You would likely have to make some part substitutions in order to do
so.  I believe Eric Kingsley did this in his review.

[SNIPPED]

At least you can build the gondola with the truck AND a steam engine at the same
time with very few part substitution. Check the fifth picture here :

http://www.freelug.org/article.php3?id_article=582

As you can see, it remains a lot of parts.

With 12 wheels, 6 couplers, 3 train baseplates, lot of windows/trans panels and
roof trains parts/3x4x1 slopes, this set should allow people to create quite
easily 1 engine + 2 cars trains

Didier