 Trains / 28882
Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Train FAQ
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2007 21:00:59 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Mike Walsh wrote:

"Paul S. D'Urbano" <durbano@optonline.net> wrote in message
news:JEw7AE.1xo@lugnet.com...

[ ... snipped ... ]
3) Will TLG be merging this parts palette with the existing LEGO Factory
palette
so that someone can individually purchase any of the 30 models without
purchasing the full 10183 set?  (I thought this plan was mentioned when
the
train box was announced last summer but it hasn't come up again in any of
the
recent discussions I've seen).

I think so.  We'll find out for sure on Monday, March 19th, but it is my
understanding that as the Hobby Train is part of LEGOFactory.com, all of the
elements will be available from LEGOFactory.com as well.  In addition to the
30 models from the Hobby Train, I would expect to see a few more of the ones
which weren't selected pop up next week as well.

Thanks!
-Paul D'Urbano

Happy to help.

Mike

Does anyone know if the current part selection in Factory version 1,6 will be
retained or if it will be replaced by the assortment from set 10183?  My
personal preference (of coarse!!) would be to have access to both sets of parts
in Factory version 2,0.  Otherwise, I'll have to revise a lot of of files...

At worse, we'll find out on the 19th.  Here's hoping for the best!!

Daniel Aubin