 Trains / *29115 (-100)
  Railcar slash Woodlouse

Hi! (URL) This is a model of a railbus from the firm of a certain Mr Hilding Carlsson, who produced a great many railcars in Sweden between the 30's and 60's. Most of them had this characteristic look with the fronts leaning inwards. The particular (...) (19 years ago, 13-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  GMLTC upcoming shows

(Cross-posted to a few relevant sections. I hope I haven't gone bonkers.) [The Greater Midwest Lego® Train Club] will be displaying its ever-expanding 18' x 30' town/train layout at two Midwest shows in the coming weeks. We've added some new (...) (19 years ago, 12-Feb-06, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp, lugnet.loc.us.wi)

  Re: 2 SNOT-heavy MOCs: Open wagon and WAG-7 Class

Crap... Sorry about replying to my own post, but I forgot the credits: The loco headlamp was basically done by Tim Gould, (thanks!) and the window-as-ladder is taken off of Beat Felber's (URL) work>. Legoswami (19 years ago, 11-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.schleim, FTX)

  2 SNOT-heavy MOCs: Open wagon and WAG-7 Class

Well okay they're both CAD but I'm reasonably sure the construction techniques work. First on my list is this wagon inspired by the very talented misterzumbi's (URL) box car>: (2 URLs) Long story short: Tim G. figured the SNOTing used to get the (...) (19 years ago, 11-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.schleim, FTX) !

  Re: Layout of Jonathan Lopes

(...) Simply WOW! I never realized his layout was that large. There are some great details. I love the garbage truck and the 13plate tall windows. The horizontal railing on the second road bridge is another great idea as well as the city salt truck. (...) (19 years ago, 11-Feb-06, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Layout of Jonathan Lopes

I got a chance to meet up with Jonathan last night and he took me back to his place... not to look at his etchings but rather at his town/train layout. I took lots of pictures. (URL) A fire station> A fire station (one of many) (URL) Ya but where (...) (19 years ago, 11-Feb-06, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX) !!

  GPLR Clubhouse Installation Progress

It's been well over a month since we were given the keys to our new clubhouse at Cedar Hills Crossing, in Beaverton and we have a lot of work to do yet! The installation process will be a continual one, as this is a 'working' exhibit. Come see the (...) (19 years ago, 10-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: Track color

(...) I bought some that were marked "World City" then, and they were old grey. The box is marked "(C) 1991, 2003". Jason R (19 years ago, 10-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.color)

  Re: Track color

(...) This was definitely true for the boxed cross tracks just before Christmas. They only had the others in "System" so I couldn't check. (19 years ago, 10-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.color)

  Re: Track color

(...) This has been my experience as well in NYC/NJ area stores. Some of which were out of straight track after Xmas and have since been re-stocked. Re-stocked with old gray. Jonathan (19 years ago, 10-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.color)

  Re: Track color

(...) Hi Dean! Are you sure about this (world city track boxes containing blay track?!) or have you just checked the old ones, which were filled with system grey? I never have heared about any blay track outside the potter trains - till today. And (...) (19 years ago, 10-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.color)

  Re: Track color

(...) From LL Windsor, the Old grey ones were labelled as "System" with the old style, and the new grey were in "World City" boxes. (19 years ago, 10-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.color)

  Re: Window size in train engine

(...) Better yet. Add it at a slight angle and add a sloped roof leading up to it. Oooh! I like this train a lot. Wish I'd spotted it first ;) More Soviet trains is always nice. Looking forward to seeing it finished. Tim (19 years ago, 10-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Window size in train engine

Ah, the cab windows seemed harder to pull off than the side windows, which is why I focused on those. For the nose though, I don't see why he wouldn't be able to use the new window on the crane car in the freight set. I didn't mean the Krokodil (...) (19 years ago, 10-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Window size in train engine

(...) Hi Sonnich, I had to deal with similar windows on my (URL) VL23>. I first considered plane windows on their side too but discounted it for the same reason so I ended up going for a three brick by four plate brick built window which I thought (...) (19 years ago, 10-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch, FTX)

  Re: Track color

(...) If it says "Copywrite 2003" it is old gray. It has been my experience that all boxed straights, curves, and points are old grey. The new Harry Potter train set has new gray track as the track had to be made for the set. Bruce (19 years ago, 10-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.color)

  Track color

Can anyone tell me if there is any old gray track to be found at Shop at Home or at the Washington DC area company stores (straight, curved, points)? Is there any way to tell the track color from looking at the box? Thanks, Mike #1245 (19 years ago, 10-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.color)

  Making your own train wheels - Inside BBB

BrickJournal 3 is available for download from (URL) and has a three page article about how BBB train wheels are made and making custom parts on Page 18-20. If you haven't already downloaded BrickJournal, I highly recommend it. Joe Meno and everyone (...) (19 years ago, 9-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.custom)

  Re: close up pics of IR receiver and remote was re: new trains

(...) snip (...) looking at this, it looks good - comes with 4 cars :-) But, there is no glass in the green windshield in the crane car? I really hope there is. Otherwise I like it, good cars etc, even that @37000 Ft it is pretty expensive. (...) (...) (19 years ago, 9-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Window size in train engine

(...) I think he was talking about the windows down the side. You also can't turn crocodile ends upside down as they are full-height pieces. However, it does look like there's a green train windscreen on the crane truck you could invert. For windows (...) (19 years ago, 8-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Window size in train engine

Could wait for the new freight engine and simply flip the train windscreen upside down. -Stefan- (19 years ago, 8-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Spybotic control of train speed regulator

(...) I am using the Spybot remote - have not tried the RCX remote. I like the idea of using the Spybot for turnout control (and free-ing up RCX for other stuff), but the Spybot body is so large. I don't see why you couldn't devise a different (...) (19 years ago, 8-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Window size in train engine

Hi all! I am working on a new engine (TE116), and need some windows for the motor section. Plane windows are fine, but I'd like some rounded windows, which are a bit wider than high. I have been thinking about SNOT, turning them 90 degreed, but they (...) (19 years ago, 8-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: close up pics of IR receiver and remote was re: new trains

(...) The only benefit I could see is you can use this stuff for the sidings or static displays. That way you dont waist the good stuff for trains that will just sit there. David www.GPLR.org (19 years ago, 8-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: close up pics of IR receiver and remote was re: new trains

(...) To be fair all round, how many AFOLs will be buying plastic track expansion packs anyway? Jake said they'd keep making the metal track for hobby layouts. This pack is for the younger kids targeted by the battery trains, not train clubs who (...) (19 years ago, 7-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Modular Hill Standard

(...) Yes, you are right. If we keep the black wall there, it would hit. Luckily, we can take enough of a cormer out the black wall to make it work, but indeed the two examples would conflict. In my second outer cruve, I have a block in the corner (...) (19 years ago, 7-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Modular Hill Standard

(...) Awesome. I like the way this works, but I have one question. I am probably just confused but... when this: (URL) connects to this: (URL) as in this: (URL) doesn't the train in the concave tunnel (left side of picture) hit the wall of the (...) (19 years ago, 7-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Modular Hill Standard

(...) Our tables are just over 4, but well under 5 bricks thick. We do not necessarily plan to run them under tables, it is mainly for on the tables, to give the layout a more real feel. In populated areas, trains often run elevated, so city streets (...) (19 years ago, 6-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Modular Hill Standard

(...) Snipped (...) Paul, how thick are you tables? We use mudular tables that can be adusted in hieght and stacked apone each other to acheive some vertical change. But our tables are 6 brick thick. To allow a train to run under a stacked table we (...) (19 years ago, 6-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: close up pics of IR receiver and remote was re: new trains

(...) Yea, it's real nice that we'll get twice as much track as before in a box, Even if itall plastic. But it sucks that it's a 50/50 mix of straight and curved rail. (URL) Mat (19 years ago, 6-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: close up pics of IR receiver and remote was re: new trains

(...) Did you notice from the above picture and the following: (URL) that we may be stuck with a LOT more curved track than we may need /want? Let's hope that it's just a "starter" pack and that they will also be sold individually. -Jeramy (19 years ago, 3-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Modular Hill Standard

Rock on guys, this is awesome! I'm definitely gonna try to build some for Michiana-LUG. -Stefan- (19 years ago, 6-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Modular Hill Standard

I love it! couldn't have posted this at any better time! I have just recently have been trying to figure out my train/town layout and I dont have much room to work with and ive been thinking of a way to add multiple trains to my already cramped (...) (19 years ago, 5-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Modular Hill Standard

COLTC, the Central Ohio LEGO Train Club, has come up with a modular hill standard. The goal of this standard was to provide more height-variations into layouts, and increase the number of running trains. (URL) There are a variety of ways these (...) (19 years ago, 5-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, lugnet.town, FTX) !!

  Re: first train MOCS ever.

(...) :-) (...) :-( (...) :-) JOHN (19 years ago, 5-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: first train MOCS ever.

(...) I have heard the 8 wide vs. 6 and 7 wide debate before. Truth be told, I will probably go with 6 wide for shows from now on. 8 wide trains are he-he-heavy and brutal on motors when run for long periods of time. I do prefer the actual look of (...) (19 years ago, 5-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: first train MOCS ever.

(...) I will echo John's sentiments... except for the eight-wide bit. It is an evil scale and far too large ;) Go to six or seven and feel the love. Tim PS. I especially liked the Shay but they're both really good first trains. (19 years ago, 4-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: first train MOCS ever.

In lugnet.announce.moc, Nathan Proudlove wrote: <snip> (...) Welcome to Trains, welcome to 8wide, Nathan! You have some very nice entry MOCs here, and have quickly ascertained the dilemma facing train builders-- form to follow function, or function (...) (19 years ago, 4-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: My first train MOC's ever

(...) I love the radar dishes on the first one and the black wheels on top of the second one. Space parts as part of Old West trains is just classic. I like the trains as a whole too. I've always wanted my LUG to have a Wild West portion on one of (...) (19 years ago, 4-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  first train MOCS ever.

So the Vancouver Lego Club built a western themed layout for our shows this last year and I decided to build my first locomotive for them. What loco is more western themed than a 4-4-0? We wanted 8 wide for that authentic scale feel to it and this (...) (19 years ago, 4-Feb-06, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: close up pics of IR receiver and remote was re: new trains

(...) Does that remote remind anyone else of the shuttle craft from "V"? Steve (19 years ago, 3-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: close up pics of IR receiver and remote was re: new trains

(...) There a couple of other things I have noticed from these pics. The new Technic axled wheels appear to have a spoke pattern in relief on them, not proper spokes like the small BBB wheels (visible in the closup). The 1x1 slopes will be available (...) (19 years ago, 3-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Underground part 4: London Tube

--SNIP-- (...) Hi James. Glad you like it. They're held on by fences using a slight modification to one of the techniques I posted to the (URL) SNOT discussion>. They're outset by 5LDU which is a nice small amount in my opinion. Tim (19 years ago, 3-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Underground part 4: London Tube

(...) (snip) (...) Tim, How are the side-SNOT front windows attached? Tube looks great. later, James Mathis (19 years ago, 3-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  close up pics of IR receiver and remote was re: new trains

(...) here's some new pics forund on brickshelf. they answer alot of questions. (4 URLs) the remote looks prommising with the studs all over it but the train bases have that huge blob of a battery box on top. that's got to go. ondrew (19 years ago, 3-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: New train? (set 7898 from 2006)

(...) I believe in 2006, the new trains will be Remote Control and not have metal rails, as discussed / announced at Brickfest. I like the new passenger train design. (19 years ago, 3-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.it.itlug, lugnet.parts)

  Re: Spybotic control of train speed regulator

(...) I own several spybot moduals, and I've thought of controlling points with them. I've also seen clubs use remotes to control a kill switch. Enstead of the light, could you use the touch sensor for both controllers? Press once to address the (...) (19 years ago, 3-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Spybotic control of train speed regulator

(...) Some basics of the design: Two throttles controlled by one Spybotics (left and right controlls on remote) Rubberband tension should be such that they slip rather than tearing it apart. Using NQC, internal program allows control of both (...) (19 years ago, 3-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: a town structure contest!! extended to april 5th!!

(...) I am extending the contest to April 5th! This will allow additional people to participate and will give me a chance to get settled with a new job before judging starts. This will also let people use there moc's for an April fools joke if need (...) (19 years ago, 3-Feb-06, to lugnet.town, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.build.arch, FTX)

  Re: Harold Flies! Worship my Photoshop Skilz!

(...) Oh, yeah, check that out! I'm pretty Duplo ignorant, but it was fun building with big legos! I dig'em:-) JOHN (19 years ago, 2-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.parts.mod, FTX)

  Re: Harold Flies! Worship my Photoshop Skilz!

(...) No comment ;) (...) That's a very neat mod, well done! (...) Well (URL) that element> isn't really new, but the Cranky set looks pretty cool too. I think some of my friends' kids might be getting those sets when we finally see them here. ROSCO (19 years ago, 2-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.parts.mod, FTX)

  Re: Harold Flies! Worship my Photoshop Skilz!

In lugnet.trains, John Neal wrote: Ehh, sorry, forgot to link to the (URL) folder> (for those who aren't savvy enough to know to "click up":-) And YES, I built (URL) this> all by myself.... JOHN (19 years ago, 2-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.parts.mod, FTX)

  Harold Flies! Worship my Photoshop Skilz!

(URL) Okay, okay, my Photoshop skilz rule Monaco, but that's about it. Actually, there is a little more to the story.... We at the TCLTC have a Thomas the Tank Engine area of our layout, and so when we found out that there were going to be a few new (...) (19 years ago, 2-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.parts.mod, FTX)

"Philippe "frogleap" Label" <frogleap_@_wanadoo_._fr> wrote in message news:Iu0y0o.I42@lugnet.com... (...) My guess: Emergency Stop? Neat design either way. Thanks for showing. The author should speak up! -Rob www.brickmodder.net (19 years ago, 1-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Spybotic control of train speed regulator

(...) This was designed by Tom and used during the WAMALTC meeting on January 21, 2006. I have posted a message to the Yahoo group and I am hoping that Tom is checking his e-mail. Using this design permits the remote control operation of two trains (...) (19 years ago, 2-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Spybotic control of train speed regulator

Hello all, Lets put in front what I find a smart improvement of the basic (soon old) train 9V speed regulator. (URL) This is a picture that arrived very recently on brickshelf showing how to adapt a spybotic to control at distance a 9V train speed (...) (19 years ago, 1-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  LEGO trains are now listed under LEGO City theme on S@H

Some LEGO trains are now listed under "LEGO City" theme on S@H. They are still listed under "Trains" as well. (URL) Not all train items, but some. Perhaps this is to get ready for the new 2006 trains. Mat (19 years ago, 1-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Yet more pics of new trains

(...) The new points set also contains 4 curves as opposed to the 2 in the 9V set. (The points set also has the same 2 x left hand photo error) Tim (19 years ago, 1-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2006)

  Re: Yet more pics of new trains

(...) That only makes eighteen. I believe Rosco is referring to the other two to make twenty. Tim (19 years ago, 1-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2006)

  Re: Yet more pics of new trains

(...) the 2 extra curves would be the normal curves that go with points (a normal packet of points contains 1 x left, 1 x right and 2 x curves) (19 years ago, 1-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2006)

  Re: Yet more pics of new trains

(...) I'm thinking that's a mistake - if you look closely it says 20x curve and 8x straight, and 1x for each of the points. I would think it would just say 2x and have 1 pic if they were the same. Can't think what the 2 extra curves might be for (...) (19 years ago, 1-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2006, FTX)

  Re: Yet more pics of new trains

(...) well hopefully that was just a mistake by the graphic artist. anything is possible though. ondrew (...) (19 years ago, 1-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2006, FTX)

  Re: Yet more pics of new trains

(...) I'm liking the set design too, but I'm not certain about the inclusion of two left hand points/turnouts ! Tim (19 years ago, 31-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2006, FTX)

  MINI LEGO Event in San Diego, CA March 3rd to 5th

Sorry for the short notice. I've been asked by a local Science Fiction/gaming convention to organize a LEGO room for the con. Sort of a mini LEGO convention. The Convention is "Condor XIII" (URL) March 3rd-5th. Just over a month from now. There'll (...) (19 years ago, 31-Jan-06, to lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.gaming.brikwars, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.org.us.sandlug, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Upsidedown

I wanted to try something different, so I build a train upsidedown: (URL) Only the motor in the engine is upsideup, the body of the engine and the complete cars are upsidedown. Some more pictures can be seen at the bottom of the next folder: (URL) (...) (19 years ago, 31-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  NY Subway station: Welcome to Hell

Hi all, I was finally persuaded to build a station to go with my NY Subway train. (URL) I think it makes a nice contrast to my earlier (URL) Moscow Metro> station. Comments, questions and suggestions welcomed. Tim PS. This represents my first render (...) (19 years ago, 31-Jan-06, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  Re: Yet more pics of new trains

(...) (URL) i hadn't seen the the red hopper car or car before either, however the more and more i see of these trains the more i like them. lets just hope they don't screw it up with rediculus prices. ondrew (19 years ago, 31-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2006, FTX)

  Re: Yet more pics of new trains

(...) Take a look at the shot of the 7898 cargo train: (URL) There's what appears to be a red hopper car on the right side of the box and a flat bed behind the engine that weren't seen on the calender pics. The crane car is also picking up a red car (...) (19 years ago, 30-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2006, FTX)

  Yet more pics of new trains

Box shots this time (URL) (19 years ago, 29-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2006)

  Underground part 4: London Tube

My fourth city by underground, and the only one I've actually ridden on: the Tube. This MOC is my take on 1992 London Tube stock. To be prototypical these should really use the small train wheels so they sit much lower to the ground but once again I (...) (19 years ago, 29-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.uk, FTX)

  Re: Differences in Monorail Motor Couplers?

(...) sizes of the monorail cars between the space and airport sets. I don't have an airport set, and have not tried to build the cars for it. Might just have to do that and see how the different couplers respond. Conrad (19 years ago, 28-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Small town building reference

(...) Thanks! And thanks for helping me with protocol - I know nothing about this stuff. Time for me to get reading up on BrickWiki. Peace and Long Life, Tony Alexander (19 years ago, 28-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch, FTX)

  Re: Small town building reference

(...) And thank you for adding a link to it on your page. I've added a link back to the page to provide credit. Since BrickWiki is meant to be more of an encyclopeadia it is unusual to credit the information provider but since I nicked the (...) (19 years ago, 28-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch, FTX)

  Re: Small town building reference

(...) Tim, Excellent! I like your link organization (AFOL/other resources) better, and love the idea that anyone can add their own link! I did think it important, though, to credit those who provided 'other resources' links as much as possible, as (...) (19 years ago, 28-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch, FTX)

  Re: Small town building reference

(...) --SNIP-- (...) Hi all, I have somewhat duplicated Tony Alexander's (URL) over on (URL) BrickWiki>. My reason for doing this was to have a page where we could edit and add the links ourselves. (URL) Brickwiki page> Please note that anyone can (...) (19 years ago, 28-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: VT-642 sprinter

(...) I have a front end I'm happy with, and I tried out the POV stuff. Wow, I can't believe how painless this was to use. A big thank you to all of the CAD guys that made this possible. (2 URLs) The built version will have dark bley doors, I (...) (19 years ago, 28-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  VT-642 sprinter

I've been toying with a design of Siemens VT-642 DMU in the San Diego Coaster color scheme. This train set is very similar to the Bombardier/Talent BR643 DMU (URL) that Jason Allemann did. In fact I'll be barrowing his shared motor bogie ideas. The (...) (19 years ago, 27-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Useful Track and Electrical Data

Regular browsers of Brickshelf might have noticed that I added a new track plans section to my gallery: (URL) the 9V folder (URL) there are useful modules such as Curves (URL) and Double Bends (URL) , conforming to various minimum radii depending on (...) (19 years ago, 25-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.cad, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: TD custom registry

X-posted to .town (...) Hi, Track Designer is well known and still a very popular software to design layouts, mainly amongst LEGO train fans. The growing interest in the french AFOL community led us to translate in french the help documentation (...) (19 years ago, 27-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: SpeedRail TGV Thalys

(...) Very neat solution. If I built for real I might use it too since I can imagine it must be nightmare lining up the wheels otherwise. Tim (19 years ago, 27-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: SpeedRail TGV Thalys

(...) Yes I have seen that train and the close-coupling, its a great MOC. I too started with using a rubber band CC inside my train. But after several times of taking apart my train just to place it on the track, I found a more simple solution. (...) (19 years ago, 27-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: TD custom registry

(...) Thanks very much for doing this guys. This helps me keep up with John Barnes's modified points and straights when documenting our train show layouts! Ed (19 years ago, 27-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Undergrand part 3: Tokyo 7000 series

Hi all, Here is my third major underground, the Tokyo Metro (or Subway as it's sometimes called). I modelled a (URL) series 7000> set because I liked the asymmetric face. As with the NY Subway set, this should be IR buildable with only minor (...) (19 years ago, 27-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: CABR buildings and your opinions

--SNIP-- (...) You could try five-wide cars. If you use the wider wheel plate (part 6157) and regular small size wheels they come out at almost exactly five wide. I find that odd number also let you easily do things like 'angle' the car in to a (...) (19 years ago, 27-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  TD custom registry

Hi, Track Designer is well known and still a very popular software to design layouts, mainly amongst LEGO train fans. The growing interest in the french AFOL community led us to translate in french the help documentation ((URL) here>). (...) (19 years ago, 27-Jan-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  GPLR mall display

Hi All, GPLR has secured an empty store at a newly remodeled local mall. It is a corner store with ~ 70' of window, which makes it great as a giant display case! We only set up a train layout the last time we did this a few years ago. This time we (...) (19 years ago, 27-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: CABR buildings and your opinions

(...) I commented in another post about the hardscape but thank you for noticing. It has taken forever to get it where it is now. I’m about 14 months into the project. True! The super tanker river is planned for 2007, ok probably =). The truth of (...) (19 years ago, 27-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: CABR buildings and your opinions

(...) I really must thank Brian Williams of The Royal Train for the angled road idea. Angling the road afforded me the room for added depth and interest while challenging my mind at the same time. So far it has worked and kept me extremely (...) (19 years ago, 27-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: CABR buildings and your opinions

(...) Well I wish you luck on the river / urban canal project. There are really 2 things that make it a success. 2x2 round bricks and the snot road. The snot road let me point 2x6 bricks pointed down to tie the bridge into the understructure of the (...) (19 years ago, 27-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: CABR buildings and your opinions

(...) I too have been following your progress with interest. To my mind what you are attemting to do takes Lego scenery modelling to the next level, you seem to have recognised that the world isn't nice and square and is in fact full of odd angles (...) (19 years ago, 26-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SpeedRail TGV Thalys

(...) Well the first reply got eaten by the dead harddrive so here is mark II. The close-coupling is Jason Allemann's (URL) O-train coupling technique>. That is my favourite close-coupling technique and if you see me using close-coupling, it will be (...) (19 years ago, 26-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: CABR buildings and your opinions

(...) I love it. I have been following your progress for a while now. It gets better with each newly added element. The river and bridges inspired me to make sure I put a river or urban canal in my layout. I just love the entire approach you've take (...) (19 years ago, 26-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: CABR buildings and your opinions

(...) Hi Ondrew, While your town and trains are excellent, what really strikes me about your layout is the bequatiful landscaping. I consider it the most accurate and interesting landscaping I've seen done in Lego. I particularly like the way you (...) (19 years ago, 26-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Track gauge adapter

(...) I assume you meant to say cm and not inch? Either way this is very cool. And it should be even easier to do when the new battery powered trains come out. Leave the side frames off and spread the wheels out a bit extra. The problem is the rest (...) (19 years ago, 26-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  CABR buildings and your opinions

hey all, i updated my gallery with some buildings i'm working on as well as a couple pics of my trains from nwbc. anyway i would love to here your thoughts on the buildings as well as how my CABR project is going in general. i really do want to make (...) (19 years ago, 26-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Differences in Monorail Motor Couplers?

(...) I have pictures of that difference: (URL) to why, I always thought it was the change from Space Monorail to Airport Shuttle (which had larger cars). HTH, Clark Isodomos.com - marking the difference in Lego parts (URL) my Vintage Lego Parts (...) (19 years ago, 26-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Danish IC4 passenger train

(...) Nice model. I'll have to get around to build couplings like the one you use here. Play well, Jacob (19 years ago, 26-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Danish IC4 passenger train

(...) --SNIP-- (...) Hi Esben, Once again you have demonstrated your mastery of curved shapes. It is a particularly difficult nose shape to represent in Lego (typical of Italian high speed trains I think) but you have managed it very well. I (...) (19 years ago, 26-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  MOC: Danish IC4 passenger train

Hey, My latest creation is the new Danish IC4 intercity train. The Danish State Railways (DSB) has ordered 84 train units from Italian company Ansaldo Breda, but so far the delivery has been delayed by more than a year for various reasons. This (...) (19 years ago, 26-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.dk, FTX) !

  Differences in Monorail Motor Couplers?

Hello everyone! I hope this is the right place for this... if not, please let me know where to post this question. I also did a search in the newsgroups, but did not find anything about this. While going through some of my monorail parts, I noticed (...) (19 years ago, 26-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact