 Trains / 26767
Re: Window size in train engine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch
Date:
Fri, 10 Feb 2006 14:27:18 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Sonnich Jensen wrote:
   Hi all!

I am working on a new engine (TE116), and need some windows for the motor section. Plane windows are fine, but I’d like some rounded windows, which are a bit wider than high. I have been thinking about SNOT, turning them 90 degreed, but they are not that much in proportion as I need.

Any ideas welcome

Picture: http://parovoz.com/newgallery/index.php?ID=28253&LNG=EN

Sonnich

Hi Sonnich,

I had to deal with similar windows on my VL23. I first considered plane windows on their side too but discounted it for the same reason so I ended up going for a three brick by four plate brick built window which I thought looked OK.

Tim