 Trains / 26692
Re: CABR buildings and your opinions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 26 Jan 2006 21:14:59 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Ondrew Hartigan wrote:
hey all,

i updated my gallery with some buildings i'm working on as well as a couple
pics of my trains from nwbc. anyway i would love to here your thoughts on the
buildings as well as how my CABR project is going in general. i really do
want to make this layout as realistic and intersting as possible so let me
have it. tell me what you think.

<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=109777>

ondrew

p.s. yes i know the buildings are not color matched yet. i figured it would
be better to get the shape, then buy the parts verses getting the parts and
finding out it doesn't work.

I too have been following your progress with interest. To my mind what you are
attemting to do takes Lego scenery modelling to the next level, you seem to have
recognised that the world isn't nice and square and is in fact full of odd
angles and little bits left over.
I also like the sense of continuity of scale, the river, for example, is a wide
as many seen on train layouts, but is scaled to be a small to medium sized river
flowing through a town rather than a navigation capable of supporting
supertankers.
I think the buildings fit in well with the overall aesthetic, nothing flashy,
just well observed ordinary places, I think if you get the human (OK minifig)
element as realistic you are on to a winner.
Critisms? Its going to take you forever! Mind you it would take me longer. :-(

Tim