 Town / 10194
Re: TLG wants your input on the CITY line
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 14 Aug 2008 17:48:28 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Name of Theme: [Hometown Heroes (or Everyday Heroes)]
Short description of Theme: [Focus on important people, jobs, and roles in
children's lives that aren't emergency services]

1) [Public Works] - like the set from 1981, a facility/homebase for street
repair, refuse collection, and other public works vehicles.

(related story- my tiny town of 14,000, doesn't provide much opportunity for
LEGO display events, but the local public works open house event invited me to
do a display of public works vehicles this year, and it was a big success.)

2) [School] - teachers and librarians provide an invaluable resource to kids,
and are easy for kids to relate to. Details like science lab, music room,
library and woodshop/autoshop would add playability.

3) [Theatre/Museum] - would include scenery for a play, technicians and actors
in costume (Shakespeare as inspiration). Museum would have paintings, sculpture,
dino skeleton, history timeline figures, and a science or space display.

-Aaron Sneary