 Town / 10140
Re: TLG wants your input on the CITY line
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 2008 17:43:57 GMT

In lugnet.town, Scott Wardlaw wrote:
Jordan,

I'm glad that I am getting a better chance to respond to your post on this.
Before, I didn't really understand why anyone would want a LEGO set of a school
or a library, but after seeing how girls play with LEGO (and other toys), I can
definitely see the appeal of those kinds of sets.  In the LEGO world, girls tend
to focus on the minifigs and play with them in ways that interact with the scene
that they are in or the clothes that they wear; where boys tend to focus just on
the vehicles.

I agree that there should be more sets that appeal more to girls, as well as
boys.  The Harry Potter theme should have been ideal for pleasing both sexes.
It would be nice to know what the sales figures for those sets were.

Would you say that as a general rule, adding more minifigs, both male and
female, to sets would give more appeal to girls?  Given the current themes, or
the suggestions here, what could be added to sets to make them appeal more to
girls?

Thanks for your input,
Scott
http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/6556

It's been pointed out before that girls like the car from the werewolf ambush
because it's big enough to sit a male and female minifig side by side in the
front, like they see people doing in real life.  The potential to tell a story
about characters with relationships, even a story as simple as two people in a
car together, are what makes the difference.  And it's easily overlooked when
cutting back the budget on a set.

Jason R