 Town / 10110
Re: TLG wants your input on the CITY line
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 9 Jul 2008 21:21:12 GMT

Name of Theme:
Short description of Theme:
Three possible sets for Theme with descriptions:
1)
2)
3)

Ok-here is my suggestion and I am sure it will be met with a bit of derision,
but civilization began when people began living in towns. They shed their
nomadic ways and congregated into towns. There were two main pre-requistites
that had to be fulfilled for this to happen. One was an adequate water supply,
and one was a way of getting rid of the wastes-the disese causing wastes-
produced by the town's population. Remember Civilization started on the banks of
major rivers-The Tigris and Eurphrates, the Ganges, Indus, the Nile, the
Yellow--etc.

I thereby formally propose the addition of a sewer plant and a water treatment
plant to the Town Theme. As a sewer plant operator and a water treatment plant
operator-a member of the "darkside" and the "lightside", I find it absolutely
appalling that the basic infrastructure needs of a town or city have been so
blatently ignored by TLG. I have of course voiced my concerns--but to no avail.

Now minifigs may not eat or drink--but from what I gather they have bathrooms
and kitchens--so they must do so. If they eat, they must possess a method to rid
their bodies of excess undigested matter. In LEGO Town --where does this go???
Does it go directly into LEGO Town waterways without being treated first???  If
minfigs bathe, that water has to go somewhere.
If they drink water they have to have a water supply system and that includes a
water treatment plant. For there is very little water left on this earth that
does not require treatment--and certainly no city or town water supply.

So what I propose is to have at least the treatment plants --both water and
wastewater as kits. The lines themselves may be a bit complicated to achieve,
but the actuall buildings are eminently possible.

For a model, one close at hand for the designers in Billund to emulate, I would
suggest the Billund Wastewater Treatment Plant. One of the sweetest most
completest little plants I have ever had the privalege to visit.

For a model of a water treatment plant, there are numerous very fine
architectural masterpieces. At a recent visit to Brickworld, I went to Chicago
and right there on Michigan Ave there was a very fine castle like building--one
of the very few that survived the fire--that was the water treatment plant and
its water tower.

And think about the environmental educational value of these kits.

A town layout without a water and sewer plant should be banned by the
ELPA-Environmental LEGO Protection Agency. It should be shut down for public
health reasons.

"When you flush, think of us"

Tommy ARmstrong
The BrickEngraver