 Town / 10135
Re: TLG wants your input on the CITY line
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 2008 05:12:02 GMT

Lastly, a few general thoughts...

I'd like to see a tub of bulk bricks, but one that is simply made up of extra
parts from the current line of city buildings.  This tub would contain parts to
allow kids to finish their city buildings into complete four walled structures,
or just to make them bigger as they see fit.  It would mostly just be windows,
doors, and bricks that are red for the fire station, white for the police
station, etc for other buildings in the current line.  This would appeal to
adults as much as kids.

Why do so many minifigs have a headset or microphone on their head?  I live in a
very high-tech city and less than 1% of the people that I encounter have
headsets.  Seeing minifigs with headsets instantly makes me think telemarketer.

We need more female minifigs.  Last year, there were more females in my wife's
electrical engineering classes than in the LEGO city line!

The new 8-wide vehicles look unproportionally large compared to the minifig.
These larger vehicles are also too pricey for their lack of realism.  The latest
6-wide vehicles do look very good, and sell at a good price.  If there's a type
of set that needs to be made larger, its the train theme.  6-wide trains were
great with the old 4-wide vehicle scale, but now they are too small.

Also, though I'd like to see a catalog showing kids dreaming of a complete city
of LEGO, I now understand why that might be a bad idea.  Still, it would
definitely be nice to have these individual buildings on full baseplates, such
that they can connect to streets and each other.  I think that would extend the
play time of the sets a bit longer, but not so long as to hinder sales of the
next year's fire station.

Thanks for your time and consideration,
Scott