 Technic / Bionicle / 525
Re: Bionicle going away?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2001 20:12:00 GMT

I agree with John here. I should be replying to these posts as i have some
of the answers that some of you are questioning about, like:

will Bionicle be around next year ? = Yes and bigger and better

You could have alook at this picture of my current mask collection
http://web.ukonline.co.uk/medwards/techbot/bionicle/collection.jpg

or have a little browse thought the site
http://web.ukonline.co.uk/medwards/techbot/bionicle/index.htm

Let me know what you lot think?

--
Michael

- - -
Please reply on
medwards@ukonline.co.uk

Lugnet Member# 151
Lego Magazines from the Past and Present
   www.lugmag.com or www.lugmag.co.uk

Home of the UK Lego Technic Club Magazine
                www.technic-uk.co.uk

"John Hansen" <JohnBinder@aol.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.technic, Jonathan Lill writes:
In lugnet.technic, Scott P. Costello writes:
I just picked up my first bionicle set last weekend and I gotta say, I
really like it. I was a bit cynical after the average throwbots sets, • and
the poor roboriders sets; but these sets have redemed the line. • [snip]
I have to agree. I picked up a bionicle this weekend and was pleasantly
surprised. Compared to throwbots and roboriders I think it is a step
forward.
[snip]

I also just picked up my first Bionicle sets recently.  I purchased 4 of • the
Toa.  I like the new elements introduced in this line.  The feet pieces • are
much nicer than the throwbot feet.  The torso gearbox looks like it can be
used in a variety of creative ways.  I really like the gears used in these
sets.  The masks give the action figure a personality of sorts - the way • the
eyes kind of glow through the mask holes is pretty cool.  Compared to the
throwbot "head" the masks are a huge step forward.  And even the special
"tool" pieces are potentially useful in MOCs and Mindstorm robots.

I say, "well done, TLC".  How people can say that a set with

1) Technic gears
2) Technic cross axles
3) Technic friction pegs
4) Technic bushings
5) Technic angle connectors
6) Technic catches

is not a Technic set is beyond me.  About the only Technic thing the
Bionicle sets don't have is square beams and wheels.

John Hansen