 Technic / 5161
Re: Bionicle going away?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 12:26:26 GMT

In lugnet.technic, David Arnon writes:
In lugnet.technic, Andy Verner writes:
In lugnet.technic, David Arnon writes:
Actually I was quite happy with the droids and I was happy to call them a
'Technic set' I think their main feature was their functions.

Please, oh please, tell me that the Technic Pit Droid is an exception.

Oh yeah, thank you for reminding me!
I actually don't have the pit droid, so I really can't comment on it, but it
does seem simpler.

Function: He has a "storage mode" similar to the battle droid, except it
looks nothing like the storage mode of the pit droid from the movie.  When
you push his nose in, he supposedly springs out into position like the one
Jar Jar Binks accidentally activated in the movie, but unfortunately if you
push it too far (or not far enough) the parts don't line up correctly and
nothing happens.  Both his arms (which are Throwbot legs in tan and include
green sockets, neither of which I believe are available in any other
pre-Bionicle set) and his tools (which give the impression of a doctor's
hammer-thingy and a pitchfork, BTW) tend to interfere with the mechanism.

And... that's it.

-Andrusi &&