 Technic / 5050
Re: Bionicle going away?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 28 May 2001 04:48:54 GMT

I wish to make a point here:
1)The Ball n Socket Joints Featured since the Slizer/Throwbot line came out
are among the most inovative parts added to teh Lego Line PERIOD. Its a
simple thing that lego is Using in many newer Technic Sets!
2)80% of Parts featured in the Technicbot lines arte immediatly transferable
in most ways to other Technic based modes, and with very little
difficulty/additional parts, to traditional Lego parts.
3) I dont buy normal technic sets since I prefer the posbility and self
contained parts assortments the Technicbots offer. If you Dont liek them,
dont buy them, But let the rest of us Enjoy buying them, and theiur
continued sucess. Technic in its traditional sense will always be there, so
let us enjoy what we have.
4)I want to see this line continue, and I highly doubt it will be canceled,
at least State sides, seeing as Europe has never been very collector
oriented, while already teh Bionicle Card Game has been released, and there
is more coming soon, so I am bettign it will not be cut short, too much time
and moneyt has been invested in Bionicle, so even if it ends in Europe, it
will go strong in the USA!

Like it or hate it, they will be here!And I will by buying and loving them!

http://www.geocities.com/vestras/
STF
In lugnet.technic, Nick Cameron writes:
In lugnet.technic, Richard Marchetti writes:
In lugnet.technic, Andrew Eade writes:
I happen to find them among the most inovative lines Lego has released many >of the unique parts form the Slizer, Bionicle, and RoboRider lines are now >very useful and incorperated into many of the newer sets, so please do not >revel.

First, what began this thread are just facts and opinionated interpretation
of those facts.  Many people think that TLC's expensive Bionickle line was a
HUGE mistake (I happen to be one of them, BTW). You obviously have a
different opinion.  Great!

But if the stores start dumping the Bionickle line right off and most people
don't want the junk -- this could be great for you because you will get to
clean up on loads of Bionickle junk that no one else wants!  Don't you want
that to happen?

I realize that you might be hoping for a continuance of the line, but I
think that the more non-accessory, non-modular components TLC makes the
worse it is for them overall -- non-accessory, non-modular elements do not
work well in a modular system of play, which is what Lego is "supposed" to
be about.

Why is it bad for TLC? Because if you don't buy into the collectibility
aspect of the Bionickle line -- maybe one or two will do, and TLC is wrong
to assume that people will want them all, and all those freaking masks!
They all look the same to me, just like the Slizers did (although I found
Slizers more useful). And BTW, most people seem to think of the new line of
Technic to be HUGELY inferior to many years of superior offerings.

One last point -- I might have wanted Bionickles masks if they could have
been placed onto regular minifigure heads.  I want modularity.  Not to pay
through the nose for a multiplicity of scales.  Belville, Scala, Technic,
Creator, Fabuland, Duplo -- ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Can't they keep it
at least just to System, Technic, and Duplo?  Those at least break into
easily identifiable age groups.

TLC has forgotten the first rule of business: KISS! Keep It Simple Stupid!

*BIONICLE RULE!!!*

For you, but not for me...

-- Hop-Frog

I heard that Bionicle was quite popular in Germany. We still have to see how
they sell in the US. Kids in the US will buy anything in a shiny container.

NICK